2017Fall Pre-Team Swim Clinic***2018 Information will be Posted by June.***
*If your 6-year-old child meets the criteria for clinics listed at the "required skills and general information link" above and would like to participate, email Jennifer Steinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the possibility of an evaluation.Dates: September 11th-October 4thMondays & Wednesdays7:15 - 8:30 p.m.***There will NOT be practice on 9/20/2017 due to the holiday.***All practices will be at CB South High School.Cost: $200 check (payable to CBCS)$225 credit card (email for payment instructions)Late registration is subject to availability and a non-refundable $50 fee.Swimmers are returning participants if they were on CBAC, SWAC, or our developmental team during the 2016-2017 season. All other swimmers are considered new participants.Returning participants click here for registration instructions. Registration deadline is August 17th at 4 p.m.New participants click here for evaluation and registration instructions. Registration deadline is date of your evaluation.Questions?Please see CB Aquatics FAQ Document available on page linked here.For additional questions and contact information, follow returning or new participant link above.
- The pre-team clinic provides initial team-like practices for swimmers interested in joining CBAC or SWAC competitive boys' and girls' swim team or our developmental team and for swimmers returning to our teams who want to keep up their skills in preparation for team season.
- Participants in the pre-team clinic are swimmers 7 years of age or older* who may not yet be at the competitive level but with a little more knowledge of starts, strokes, turns and techniques will be ready to join the team or developmental team this season or next.
- In order to participate in pre-team clinic swimmers must have a good knowledge of freestyle and backstroke. It is also beneficial if swimmers have a good knowledge of butterfly and breaststroke, however, swimmers with limited knowledge of these strokes (particularly younger swimmers) may also be ready for the pre-team clinic. Please click here for more information about required skills.
- While participation in the pre-team clinic is not required to join our teams, it is strongly recommended as swimmers tend to lose skills (particularly endurance but also form) during the off-season. This particularly applies to emerging swimmers on summer club teams. We have found that those swimmers who participate in our clinic are more likely to get the team placement they want than those who just come to evaluations, having been out of the water for one to two months or more.
- Pre-team clinic swimmers ready to join the team or developmental team will be invited to do so during the last week of practice in September and will not need to attend the scheduled try-outs for the club teams or developmental team. Those asked to join the team or developmental team will register the last week of practice. All related fees and paperwork will be due at time of registration. If they are still not ready for competition we highly recommend that they participate in our lesson program, spring clinic, and swim for a summer club before returning to the pre-team clinic trying out for the team again next fall.