Fall Pre-Team Swim Clinic**Details on this page pertain to 2019.
- General information on this page may be used to get an idea of the typical program.
- We were not able to hold this clinic in 2020.
- Interested swimmers should instead consider our spring clinic. While we are unsure if we will be able to run the spring clinic and accommodate any new members this spring, interested potential new members, please email Jennifer Steinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your swimmer's name and birthdate to be placed on a list to receive information when it is available.
- Returning team members watch email for information.
*If your 6-year-old child meets the criteria for clinics listed at the "required skills and general information link" above and would like to participate, email Jennifer Steinberg at email@example.com to explore the possibility of an evaluation.Dates: September 4th-September 25th, 2019Mondays & Wednesdays7:15 - 8:30 p.m.All practices will be at CB South High School.Cost: $225Payment made via our online system during registration. Instructions will be emailed.Late registration is subject to availability and a non-refundable $50 late fee.Clinic participants should wear a one-piece racing suit (not a fashion suit or shorts) and should use swim goggles (not face masks) and a swim cap (if they have long hair).This clinic has practice two days per week and participants are encouraged to attend all practices, however, the coaches understand that swimmers have other commitments. As long as your swimmer is able to attend most days we feel that it will be beneficial. Fees cannot be prorated due to attendance.Swimmers are returning participants if they were on CBST (including the developmental group) during the 2018-2019 season or if they participated in the 2019 Spring Swim Clinic at CB South. All other swimmers are considered new participants.Returning participants click here for registration instructions. Registration deadline is August 15thNew participants click here for evaluation and registration instructions. Registration deadline is date of your evaluation.Questions?Please see CB Aquatics FAQ Document available on page linked here.For additional questions and contact information, follow returning or new participant link above.
- The pre-team clinic provides initial team-like practices for swimmers interested in joining our CBST-SAL competitive swim team with includes a developmental practice group and for swimmers returning to our teams who want to keep up their skills in preparation for team season.
- Participants in the pre-team clinic are swimmers 7 years of age or older* who may not yet be at the competitive level but with a little more knowledge of starts, strokes, turns, and techniques will be ready to join the SAL team or developmental team this season or next.
- In order to participate in pre-team clinic swimmers must have a good knowledge of freestyle and backstroke. It is also beneficial if swimmers have a good knowledge of butterfly and breaststroke, however, swimmers with limited knowledge of these strokes (particularly younger swimmers) may also be ready for the pre-team clinic. Please click here for more information about required skills.
- While participation in the pre-team clinic is not required to join our teams, it is strongly recommended as swimmers tend to lose skills (particularly endurance but also form) during the off-season. This particularly applies to emerging swimmers on summer club teams. We have found that those swimmers who participate in our clinic are more likely to get the team placement they want than those who just come to team evaluations, having been out of the water for one to two months or more.
- Pre-team clinic swimmers ready to join the SAL team (including the developmental practice group) will be invited to do toward the end of the of clinic and will not need to attend the scheduled evaluations for CBST-SAL. Those swimmers invited to join the SAL team will register during the last week of pre-team clinic practice. All related fees and paperwork will be due at the time of registration. It is highly recommend that swimmers still not ready for competition at the end of the clinic participate in our lesson program, spring clinic, and swim for a summer club before returning to the pre-team clinic and/or being evaluated again for team placement next fall.