School Closing Information
Please know that we open schools unless you are notified.
CENTRAL BUCKS SCHOOL DISTRICT announces weather-related school closings, late starts, and early dismissals in several ways.
- E-MAIL BLASTS
Sent to e-mail addresses registered in Parent Portal.
- TWEETS @CBSDSchools on Twitter AND Facebook @CBSDSchoolDistrict
- CBSD TEXT MESSAGING ALERTS
Click HERE for information.
- INTERNET - CBSD Home Page
Several Internet sites post area school closing announcements and provide options for signing up for school closing alerts.
NBC10 School Closing Information
WPVI Channel 6 School Closing Information
Many TV channels, including channels 3, 6, 10 and 29 carry scrolling lists of school closings and late starts during inclement weather.
- CBTV (Comcast Channel 28 and Verizon Channel 40)
The district television station, CBTV, carries school closing announcements.
- RADIO ANNOUNCEMENTS
School closing information is also carried on KYW - Philadelphia (1060 AM)
Elementary Schools"A" Schools: Bridge Valley, Cold Spring, Doyle, Gayman, Jamison, Mill Creek, Mount Carmel, Pine Run, Saint Joseph, Saint Jude, Titus.
- Please remember, no alert system is perfect and in the past one system or another has had technical difficulties.
- Please do not call the school unless it is an emergency.
- Scroll down for inclement weather procedures for the Before and After School Child-Care program.
"B" Schools: Buckingham, Kutz and Nativity of Our Lord.
"C" Schools: Barclay, Butler, Groveland, Linden, Warwick.
- If schools are closed because of inclement weather, all community activities scheduled in school buildings in the evening (including Community School, college classes, and community athletic programs) are also cancelled.
- If school is delayed for one or two hours, please add one or two hours to your normal bus pick up time or normal school start time to determine the delayed start time of school.
- If school is delayed for two hours, kindergarten will be conducted according to the following modified schedule:
- A Schools: AM Students 10:35 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. | PM Students 1:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- B Schools: AM Students 10:50 a.m. - 12:35 p.m. | PM Students 1:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- C Schools: AM Students 11:05 a.m. - 12:50 p.m. | PM Students 2 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Occasionally, bad weather occurs after school starts, and the superintendent decides to close schools early. Parents should be alert to this possibility and make sure that their children know what to do if they are dismissed early and no one is at home. The district reserves the right to dismiss schools early for up to one half hour without formal notice.
- Please note that in the event of an early closing due to a weather emergency, the middle schools and high schools will be dismissed first, followed by the elementary schools. At the elementary level, all "A" schools will be dismissed first, followed by the "B" schools, followed by the "C" schools as the busses become available.
- Parents are discouraged from picking up students at school during a weather closing until after bus dismissal. Too many buses, walkers and cars affect the safety of all students during dismissal procedures.
- Many Home and School associations in the schools coordinate a "snow chain" to call parents in the event of a closing, late start, or early dismissal. Snow chains, however, are only courtesy calls.
- During a weather related emergency, schools will follow the instructions and contacts listed on the emergency contact information on file in the Parent Portal. If the information for your family needs to be updated, please contact your school office. (Please do not call the school to request any changes during a weather related emergency situation.)
- Please understand that in inclement weather conditions our bus drivers are expected to use extreme caution to get our students home safely, and delays can be common.
SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE PROGRAM
In case of inclement weather, the School Age Child Care Program will be available to all children registered for the program, as follows:
- CLOSINGS: If school is closed, the School Age Child Care Program is also closed.
- EARLY DISMISSAL: For the safety of all, we encourage parents to pick up your child/children as early as possible. The program will be open, however, until all children are signed out.
- DELAYED/LATE OPENINGS: The School Age Child Care Program will be open at 7:00 AM for all those registered for the Before School Program.
SNOW MAKE UP DAYS
Any snow make up dates required will take place following the last scheduled day of school. Graduations for the high schools will take place on the last day of school. High school principals will announce firm graduation dates in early April. Until the snow season is over, parents should avoid disappointment by not making assumptions about when graduation will occur when planning family vacations or the arrival of relatives from out of town for the ceremony.
- E-MAIL BLASTS