Central Bucks School District attendance policies conform to the Pennsylvania School Code sections 1326 to 1333 dealing with compulsory school attendance. “Every child of compulsory school age having a legal residence in this Commonwealth… is required to attend a day school in which the subjects and activities prescribed by the standards of the State Board of Education are taught.”
Online Absence Request (See below for directions on how to report an absence.)
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by School Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents/Guardians are required to notify the school at least three (3) days prior to the absences covered by this regulation so that the student may obtain work to keep current with class progress. Each school has a form - Approved Absence Request.
- For all vacation requests, please utilize that option throught the Parent Portal. Your school attendance office will contact you with any additional information that is required.
Please be sure to visit the Attendance web page for your child's school for specific procedures for reporting an absence. This page is located under "Our School" on each school's website.
For additional information about school attendance please see School Board Policy 204.