Paperwork Required to Volunteer
All Central Bucks School District Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the staff, students, sports programs and other activities of our schools.Thank you for your interest in volunteering!Please see below for detailed information about required clearances and volunteering in CBSD.If you have additional questions about volunteering in CBSD, contact Florence at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 267-893-2086.PLEASE NOTE: The following information is intended for volunteers (classroom, school, coach, etc.). If you are being paid for your work with CBSD by paycheck, parent fund or student fund, you are NOT considered a Volunteer - please click Employee Required Paperwork for details.
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks/clearances. In the best interest of the safety and security of our students, Central Bucks School District requires the submission of these clearances prior to volunteering during the school year. Approved volunteers are given an identification card to be presented at the school (along with your photo ID, such as a driver's license) when volunteering. Please allow 2 weeks after you have submitted your online application for receipt of the ID card.
Under Pennsylvania law, any person having direct contact with school children is considered a mandatory reporter and is required to report reasonable suspicion of child abuse. Therefore, as a CBSD volunteer, you are a mandatory reporter and the district is required to offer SafeSchools training. Please see below for additional information about the SafeSchools program.
Volunteer Required Documents:
Clearances: Links to the state’s websites are below.
1. PA State Police Criminal Background Check - Click the control number to view your results. Click the "Certification Form" link in the center of the page to view, save and print your official certificate.2. PA Child Abuse History Certification - Click "Create Individual Account", create your user name (Keystone Key) and a password - be sure to keep a record of this as you will need to log in to access your results. You will receive an email from the site when your results are available, usually within 14 days. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT use the Google Chrome browser as it is not processing payments. Use Firefox or another browser.
3. FBI Fingerprinting (2 Options):
- If you have been a Pennsylvania resident fewer than 10 consecutive years, you must complete the fingerprinting process. Enroll at IdentoGo and make an appointment for digital fingerprinting at a location of your choice. The Service Code for EMPLOYMENT purposes is 1KG6XN and the code for VOLUNTEERS is 1KG6Y3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Volunteer clearances are NOT acceptable for employment purposes.
- If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past 10 consecutive years, you may submit the Volunteer Affidavit in place of fingerprinting. The affidavit must be notarized and the original affidavit is kept on file in the Human Resources Office. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our office does not offer notary services.
All volunteers must complete and submit a Volunteer Agreement. Include the names of the schools/buildings where you will be volunteering and include all schools your child(ren) will attend for the next five (5) years.TB TEST:Volunteers (classroom/school) who spend 10 hours or more a week with students MUST submit results of a recent TB test prior to volunteering.Volunteer Coaches must have up-to-date TB test results prior to beginning coaching, regardless of amount of time spent with students.TB tests are available through your doctor's office, a minute clinic or a local pharmacy. Results are usually available in two (2) days.FAQ's
HELP! My question isn’t answered here! Call Florence at 267-893-2086 for information about required clearances and volunteering in CBSD.Click HERE to watch a short video about the online Volunteer application. Please note, our website has been updated since this video was created and screen shots may not match current site pages.SafeSchools Training: Volunteers are Mandatory Reporters and the state of Pennsylvania requires school districts to OFFER SafeSchools training regarding child abuse. Once the required volunteer paperwork has been submitted and approved, you will receive additional information about accessing the online SafeSchools training. It is recommended, but not required, that you complete this training. See informational links below.
How do I submit my volunteer paperwork? Volunteer paperwork (except the notarized Volunteer Affidavit and the official FBI rap sheet) should be submitted online through the Volunteer posting on the Employment Portal. Click the video link below for a brief tutorial. Complete the online application and upload your clearances to the appropriate tab along with the Volunteer Agreement.
- I've uploaded my clearances online. When will I receive my Volunteer ID Card? You should receive your card within 2 weeks.
I’ve lived in Pennsylvania over 10 years and completed the Volunteer Affidavit; can I just upload the form to the Volunteer application? No. The Volunteer Affidavit must be notarized and we are required to keep the original document on file in our office. You may drop it off or mail it to: CBSD Human Resources, 20 Welden Drive, Doylestown, PA 18901, Attn: Florence Hughes. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our office does not offer notary services.
What is the Volunteer Agreement? The agreement explains the relationship between the volunteer and CBSD. Complete all sections and remember to sign and date.
Why do I need clearances? Pennsylvania requires any person in direct contact with school children to complete background checks. Please click the Volunteer Letter for general information about this new law and click Frequently Asked Questions to read detailed information provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.