VOLUNTEER REQUIRED CLEARANCES / PAPERWORKCentral Bucks School District volunteers play a vital role in supporting the staff, students, sports programs and other activities of our schools. Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Volunteers can now upload clearances online through our Volunteer Tracker portal. Please click App Garden- Volunteer Tracker to sign-up and review the clearance requirements. Sign-up is required for both New and Returning Volunteers! The Volunteer Tracker allows you to sign up for volunteer opportunities specific to your building and/or classroom of choice. You will receive communication via email to update you on the latest upcoming events, clearance expiration, and to review your participation level. Clearances and Background Checks are valid for five (5) years.
Note: All communication will be sent to your email address in App-Garden. Separate accounts and email addresses are needed in App-Garden for each household member wishing to volunteer. Once approved, volunteers will receive their card by USPS in 7 to 10 business days.
The following information is intended for volunteers (classroom, school, coach, and similar NON-PAID positions). If you are being compensated through CBSD by paycheck, parent fund, or student fund, you are NOT a volunteer.
IMPORTANT: Required documents include three (3) PA state-mandated clearances along with a completed Volunteer Agreement (see numbers 1 through 4 below). Note: Volunteer clearances are not acceptable for employment purposes (valid employment clearances are acceptable for volunteer purposes).
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check - Click the "Certification Form" link to save and print your official certificate.
- PA Child Abuse History Certification - Click "Create Individual Account" and create a Keystone ID. Keep a record of this information to access your results. Use Firefox or Edge browser.
- FBI Fingerprinting (2 Options): If you have lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years or more, you may complete the residency Volunteer Affidavit . Notary services are available free of charge at the CBSD Administration Office at 20 Welden Drive between 8:30am - 4:00pm. Appointments are not necessary but we suggest calling first to be sure our Notary Public is in the office.
NOTE - Please use the following DHS service code when applying for the FBI clearance: 1KG6ZJ. This is a change from the PDE volunteer service code used prior to January 2023 - the PDE code is no longer available. This change is not retroactive, so individuals who hold current clearances do not need to obtain new clearances until they are due. All individuals who apply for new FBI Volunteer Clearances will use the new system, whether they are new volunteers or need to renew their clearances for any reason.
- Volunteer Agreement: Be sure to include the names of the schools/locations where you plan to volunteer.
- TB test and results are required for Volunteers (classroom/school) who spend 10 hours or more a week with students prior to volunteering. Click the TB Test form.
- Student Volunteer: Current CB students and minors under age 18 must complete the Student Volunteer Affidavit .
- Volunteer coaches must complete the Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (ACT 24), and have up-to-date TB test results prior to beginning coaching, regardless of the amount of time spent with students.
Mandatory Reporter Information: Under Pennsylvania law, any person having direct contact with school children is considered a mandatory reporter and is required to report reasonable suspicion of child abuse. As a CBSD volunteer, you are a mandatory reporter, and the district is required to offer SafeSchools training.
Vector Solutions Safe Schools Training: Volunteers are Mandatory Reporters and the state of Pennsylvania requires school districts to OFFER SafeSchools training regarding child abuse. Once the required volunteer paperwork has been submitted and approved, you will receive additional information about accessing the online SafeSchools training. You are not required to complete this training, but we are providing informational links here for your convenience.Click Vector Solutions Safe Schools for more information about this training and click Troubleshooting Tips if you have any problems with the site.
Thank you for volunteering your time and service, and for understanding the importance of complying with state regulations.
HAVE QUESTIONS? Please email Human Resources.