VOLUNTEER Required Paperwork
All Central Bucks School District Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the staff, students, sports programs and other activities of our schools.Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
We are excited to introduce our NEW contactless application and paperwork submission process to our CBSD volunteers. You can now upload your clearances online through our Volunteer Tracker portal. Please click App Garden- Volunteer Tracker to sign-up and review the clearance requirements. Sign-up is required for both New and Returning Volunteers!
The following information is intended for volunteers (classroom, school, coach, and similar NON-PAID positions. If you are being compensated through CBSD by paycheck, parent fund or student fund; you are NOT a Volunteer.
The Volunteer Tracker will allow you to sign-up for volunteer opportunities specific to your building and/or classroom of choice. You will receive communication via email to update you on the latest upcoming event(s), clearance expiration, and to review your participation level. Clearances/Background Checks are valid for five (5) years.
Clearances: Links to the state’s websites are below.
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check - Click the "Certification Form" link to save and print your official certificate.
- PA Child Abuse History Certification - Click "Create Individual Account" (create Keystone ID) and keep record of this information to access your results. Important Note: Use Firefox or Edge.
- FBI Fingerprinting (2 Options): Enter the service code for VOLUNTEERS: 1KG6Y3 OR complete the residency Volunteer Affidavit if you have lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years or more. Notary services are available at the CBSD Administration Office at 20 Welden Drive from 8:30am - 4:00pm, free of charge.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Employment clearances are acceptable for volunteer purposes, BUT volunteer clearances are not acceptable for employment purposes.
- Volunteer Agreement: Be sure to include the names of the schools/locations where you plan to volunteer.
- TB test and results are required for Volunteers (classroom/school) who spend 10 hours or more a week with students prior to volunteering. Click the TB Test form.
- Student Volunteer: Current CBSD students and minors under age 18 must complete the Student Volunteer Affidavit
Volunteer Coaches must complete the Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (ACT 24), and have up-to-date TB test results prior to beginning coaching, regardless of amount of time spent with students.
Under Pennsylvania law, any person having direct contact with school children is considered a mandatory reporter and is required to report reasonable suspicion of child abuse. Therefore, as a CBSD volunteer, you are a mandatory reporter, and the district is required to offer SafeSchools training.Click Vector Solutions Safe Schools for more information about this training and click Troubleshooting Tips if you have any problems with the site.
Thank you for volunteering your time and service to our district and for understanding the importance of complying with these new regulations.
- Approved Volunteers will receive their volunteer card through USPS mail delivery within 7 to 10 business days.
- When creating your account in App-Garden, please choose an email address that you check frequently. All communication regarding volunteering will be communicated through the App-Garden volunteer tracking system.
- Each household member will need to create a separate sign-up account and provide a separate email address.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS? Please contact FLORENCE HUGHES at FHughes@CBSD.ORG