Program Planning for the 2020-2021 School Year
CB West Course Selection Sheet (shows list of courses/course numbers for 2020-21)
CB West Course Grid/Planner (worksheet to assist in planning of courses)
9th Grade Curriculum Fair Presentation (given January 9, 2020)
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
In January of this school year, all Central Bucks secondary schools will begin the Program Planning process for the 2020-2021 school year. During this time, students will review course offerings for the upcoming school year, discuss their options with their teachers and guidance counselors, and enter their course selections into the Student Portal. Parents and guardians play a vital role in this process, and we encourage you to become familiar with the timelines and directions covered below.
- January 3, 2020: Program of Studies for 2020-2021 will be made available online. You can find a link to the Program of Studies on the CBSD Website. Click the Students tab on the right, and scroll down for the link to the 2020-21 Program of Studies, Grades 9-12. The Portal login is also located here.
- January 10 through February 9, 2020: Students will enter their course selections online via the Student Portal. Specific directions for logging on to the Portal and entering course selections are detailed below. Students who may not have Internet access at home should contact their counselor. Students must enter all course requests by 11PM on Sunday, February 9, 2020.
- February 10 through March 18, 2020 : Students will meet individually with their counselor to review course selections once they have been entered into the computer. Counselors will call students from classes for this meeting; students cannot signup/schedule this time. During this meeting, counselors will review course choices, prerequisites, and graduation credits, in addition to addressing all questions and concerns your student may have.
- March 27, 2020 : Course Verification Sheets will be available to view/print through the Student Portal. Parents and students should review course requests carefully. Verification Sheets do not need to be returned; however, if your student is making any changes to their course requests, they should print out the form, mark the changes, and return to their Advisor by April 1, 2020.
- April 1, 2020 : Signed Verification Sheets must be returned to the student's Advisor or to the Guidance Office or House Office only if you need to make a change to any courses listed on the Course Verification Sheet.
- April 3, 2020: No changes will be made to course requests after today, unless the change meets the requirements of the Critical Course Change Policy (page 2 of the Program of Studies).
We are hopeful that this program allows more opportunity for students and parents to discuss course requests at home with time to read about the many classes offered by Central Bucks. If you have any problems, do not hesitate to seek our assistance. We appreciate your support as we plan for another school year!
Class of 2021 Counselors:
Mrs. Donna Dallam (A-K): Ddallam@cbsd.org
Mr. Michael Curtis (L-Z): Mcurtis@cbsd.org
Class of 2022 Counselors:
Mr. David Manners (A-K): Dmanners@cbsd.org
Ms. Allison Gulnac (L-Z): Agulnac@cbsd.org