Program Planning for the 2019-2020 School Year
Course Verification Sheets, listing students’ course request for the 2019-2020 school year, will be available on the Student/Parent Portal on Friday, March 22, 2019. Please review course requests carefully, and read the information at the bottom of the Verification Sheet.
Students, if you wish to make any changes to your requests, you must print out the form, write down your change, sign the form (parent and student), and return to the Guidance Office by Tuesday, March 26, 2019. If you do not wish to make any changes, you do not need to return the form (but we suggest you print and save for your reference).
Verification Sheets will remain accessable on the Portal through August for your reference. No changes will be made to course requests after March 29th, 2019, unless they are approved level changes or involve a prerequisite issue.
Here is a STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO PRINTING VERIFICATION SHEETS from your Portal Account.
Video showing how to select courses on the Portal.
CB West Course Selection Sheet (shows list of courses/course numbers for 2019-2020)
CB West Course Grid/Planner (worksheet to assist in planning of courses)
Dear Parents, Guardians, and students,
In January of this school year, all Central Bucks secondary schools will begin the Program Planning process for the 2018-2019 school year. During this time, students will review course offerings for the upcoming school year, discuss their options with their teachers and guidance counselors, and enter their course selections into the Student Portal. Parents and guardians play a vital role in this process, and we encourage you to become familiar with the timelines and directions covered below.
- January 4, 2019: Program of Studies for 2019-20 will be made available online. You can find a link to the Program of Studies on the CBSD Website. Click the Students tab on the right, and scroll down for the link to the 2019-20 Program of Studies, Grades 9-12. The Portal login is also located here.
- January 11 through February 3, 2019: Students will enter their course selections online via the Student Portal. Specific directions for logging on to the Portal and entering course selections are detailed below, and can be seen on the video tutorial (link above). Students who may not have Internet access at home should contact their counselor. Students must enter all course requests by 11PM on Sunday, February 3, 2019.
- February 4 through March 14, 2019 : Students will meet individually with their counselor to review course selections once they have been entered into the computer. Counselors will call students from classes for this meeting; students cannot signup/schedule this time. During this meeting, counselors will review course choices, prerequisites, and graduation credits, in addition to addressing all questions and concerns your student may have.
- March 22, 2019 : Course Verification Sheets will be available to view/print through the Student Portal. Parents and students should review course requests carefully. Verification Sheets do not need to be returned; however, if your student is making any changes to their course requests, they should print out the form, mark the changes, and return to their Advisor by March 15th.
- March 26, 2019 : Signed Verification Sheets must be returned to the Guidance Office or House Office only if you need to make a change to any courses listed on the Course Verification Sheet.
- March 29, 2019: No changes will be made to course requests after today, unless the change meets the requirements of the Critical Course Change Policy (page 2 of the Program of Studies).
We are hopeful that this program allows more opportunity for students and parents to discuss course requests at home with time to read about the many classes offered by Central Bucks. If you have any problems, do not hesitate to seek our assistance. We appreciate your support as we plan for another school year!
Class of 2020 Counselors:
Mrs. Lori Bagnick (A-K): Lbagnick@cbsd.org
Mrs. Lisa Corr (L-Z): Lcorr@cbsd.org
Class of 2021 Counselors:
Mrs. Donna Dallam (A-K): Ddallam@cbsd.org
Mr. Michael Curtis (L-Z): Mcurtis@cbsd.org
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE STUDENT COURSE REGISTRATION
Login to Student Portal:
- USERNAME: Student ID number (9 digits)
- First time users: First and last initial & birthdate MMDDYYYY (example: js01082002)
- Returning users: current portal password
Instructions for Course Registration:
- Click on REGISTRATION in the Navigation pane on the left.
- Select COURSE SEARCH.
- Enter desired COURSE NUMBER, not the course name. Click on GO. (Course numbers can be found in POS or on Course Request Sheet).
- Course number and title will appear on right of screen. If correct, click on the course name.
- Course name and number will appear with any prerequisite courses; course descriptions are available by clicking on this request.
- Click on REQUEST THIS COURSE; if desired as an alternate course, click on REQUEST AS AN ALTERNATE.
- Students should continue selecting REQUESTED COURSES until you reach 32 units. Entering fewer than 32 units will give you study hall(s).
- Students should add at least three courses as ALTERNATES.
- To remove a course from your list, click on that course in the REQUESTED LIST and select DROP THIS COURSE.
- Course requests can be modified at any time during the open period.