HOLICONG SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL HEALTH and WELLNESS
Please see below for information and resources for the above topics and more...
Advisory Resources (resources and videos from the Advisory program at Holicong - based on CB Cares 40 Assets)
- CB Cares 40 Assets - These are the 40 developmental assets from CB Cares on which our Advisory program is founded.
- Physically Active Play and Cognition - Article by Sattelmair and Ratey about the provides evidence that physical activity is healthy for students both physically and academically.
Vaping Resources (provided by the Holicong Wellness Committee and other resources)
- 2019 Vaping & Electronic Devices Presentation - 2019 Presentation by David Fialko from the Council of Southeaster Pennsylvania to all Holicong students.
- Vaping at a Glance - Facts, Figures, and Resources regarding Vaping in a user-friendly format!
- Bucks County Vaping Prevention Toolkit - Resources to help parents - very informative!
- Dangers of Vaping CBS story - Story covered by CBS news about the danagers of vaping and and Juuls.
Anxiety, Stress, and Mental Health (provided by school, dis trict and outside sources)
School Refusal (from Dr. Dahlsgaard presentation, February 2017)
- Dr. Dahlsgaard Website - Website for Katherine Dahlsgaard, clinical director of the Anxiety Behaviors Clinic at the Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania.
- What Parents Need to Know About Social Media and Anxiety - This article from Common Sense Media offers advice for parents regarding Social Media use of children.
- Anxiety Coping Strategies - Visual powepoint for students.
- NAMI Presentation - Presentation organized by Holicong PE teachers for 9th graders regarding Mental Health.
- NAMI Link - National Alliance on Mental Illness provides support and resources for parents, students, and educator
- Talking to Children About Tragedies - An article from healthychildren.org that offers advice to parents & caretakers for supporting children after a traumatic event has occurred.
- How to Talk to Children - This article from healthychildren.org attempts to provide advice and suggestions for parents in response to frequently asked questions by students and parents after a traumatic event.
- School Refusal and Kids - Article from Dr. Katherine Dahlsgaard for Philly.com.
- School Refusal in Children and Adolescents - Article by Dr. Wanda Fremont for American Family Physcian,
- School Refusal: Information for Educators - Article by Dr. Mary Wimmer for National Association of School Psychologists.
- Developmental Characteristics of Young Adolescents - Article by Caskey and Anfara, Jr. for Association for Middle Level Education