Holicong Middle School
Student Arrival and DismissalHolicong Arrival & Dismissal Procedures (printable version)
Student safety is the number one priority at Holicong Middle School. The busiest times of day occur at the beginning and end of school, when students arrive by either bus or parent pick-up and/or drop-off. There is heavy traffic during these times, as we have busses, parents, and student drivers coming to both Holicong Middle School and our neighbors at CB East High School. With student safety in mind, we ask that you please read the guidelines below and follow them throughout the year.
For parents with students that attend CB East & Holicong! The CB East pick-up and drop-off is located in front of CB East.
Parent Pickup & Dropoff
- Please do not drop off or pick up Holicong students in front of Holicong “the H” and CB East students at the side entrance of CB East. Holicong and East students use the crosswalk and sidewalk to walk from both schools in the afternoon and the area between the two schools is designated as a parking lot for faculty and staff and drop off for special needs students. In the afternoon, cars will have staff and cones at the crosswalks from 1:15 – 1:30 to ensure students are not coming in this area.
- Please do not drop off students before 7:00 am. We do not have supervision in place for students before this time.
- There is a change this year with the doors we will be using for parent pickup and dropoff. The entrance and exit will remain the same, but we will be using both doors to ensure we are following our health & safety student traffic plan. There is a curb outside for parents to safely drop off or pick up their children – please do not drop off your child on the side of the tennis courts and walk across traffic as this creates a safety hazard.
- 7th Grade Students – Will enter through the door closest to Holicong road – same as last year and report directly to the auditorium.
- 8th & 9th Grade Students – Will enter through the door closest to the fields & the music rooms – this is a change. 8th grade students will report to the gym & 9th grade students will report to the cafeteria.
- When dropping off, please follow the loop and drop off your child at the curb and remain in line. In the past we have had some parents drive around other cars and this does create a safety hazard.
- Grab & Go Breakfast & Lunch – There are 2 locations for breakfast inside bus platform & main office area. Students can eat in the holding locations or keep for snack & wellness break. There are 2 locations for lunch inside the bus platform & inside the cafeteria.
- Please do not enter the bus entrance between 6:00 AM and 8:30 am or between 11:30 and 2:30 pm.
- Upon exiting the designated drop-off/pick-up area, it is strongly recommended that you turn right onto Holicong Road and travel towards Route 202. There is a high level of congestion during these times, and this will help alleviate that (and quicker than trying to make a left against CB East traffic).
- Approved walkers and bike riders must arrive and depart the school on sidewalks and avoid parking lot areas.
The reality is that Holicong Road does not create the ideal situation for heavy traffic and with a middle and high school located adjacent to one another and Holicong road used as “thru-traffic” to get to 202. Please note the road and parking areas are heavily congested during student arrival/dismissal times. We strongly recommend that students ride the bus in the to alleviate this congestion, and the frustration it can sometimes cause with drivers.
PARENT SUPPORT: For our parents that drive in the morning, we do ask that you allow yourself more time due to traffic and abide by the processes above. These rules are in place for student and staff safety, which is the first priority for the administration of Holicong Middle School.
We thank you for following the guidelines above and helping us keep the students, staff, and visitors of Holicong Middle School safe.