Holicong Health OfficeDirect Health Office Telephone Line: (267) 893-2740
School Fax: (267) 893-5816
Hours: 7:00 am - 3:00 pmThe Health Office Staff
Donna Radice, RN BSN MEd Certified School Nurse (Mon, Thurs, Fri)Michelle Musich, RN BSEd Certified School Nurse (Tues & Wed)
Kathleen Simons, LPN Staff Nurse (Mon & Tues)Sylvana Hamilton, RN BSN Staff Nurse (Wed & Thur)For the latest information please check the CDC site from time to time. The site is frequently being updated.At this time, while our schools are closed for Social Distancing to help decrease / deter the spread of the COVID-19 virus, please continue to monitor CBSD's resources for COVID-19. On the "School Closure News & Updates" page are a number of links (incluidng food assistance, technology support, emotional support, CDC, WHO and more.) I (Donna Radice) will continue to check my email and will do my best to answer any questions or concerns as timely as possible (email@example.com). Feel free to check the Health Office "Distance Learning" page as I share information that you hopefully will find useful / informative.My best advice at this time is to keep your routine as "normal" as possible, given the CDC and Health Department's recommendations. Be smart, be prudent, and know this will pass. We'll look back and share our "survival" stories.If you are feeling anxious, needing help with managing stress, drugs, or alcohol, or just need someone to talk to: Buck's County COVID-19 Behavioral Health Helpline: 215-399-5681 (available Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30)Take care, stay healthy, and thanks for your support and understanding as we get through this together,Donna RadicePlease review the following information:
Purpose of the School Health Program:
- To ensure that your adolescent will enjoy a healthy and safe school year.
- To facilitate and promote optimal learning by promoting good health among students and staff.
- To promote early identification and remediation of student health needs.
- To assist students to assume responsibility for their own health and to develop healthful attitudes and behaviors.
- To provide health education and counseling for students, school personnel and parents.
- To provide health services and first aid for students and staff.
- To promote environmental safety and awareness of hazards.
- To maintain a liaison with health care providers and community health programs/agencies.
- To protect the health of students and staff by preventing the outbreak and spread of communicable diseases.
- To promote school health services as part of the educational process.
- To educate students about their bodies requirements and responsibilities to attain an optimal health status.
All 7th grade students must have the following to enter school in September, effective 2011-12 per PA Dept of Health Guidelines:1. Documentation of having had the Varicella disease or 2 doses of the vaccine. A minimum of the first dose must have been administered2. Documentation of having had 1 dose of Tdap vaccine.
3. Documentation of having had 1 dose of Menningitis vaccine.4. Documentation of having had 1 - 3 doses of the Hepatitis B vaccine. A minimum of the first dose must have been administered.
All 8th and 9th grade students must have the following to enter school in September, effective 2011-12 per PA Dept. of Health Guidelines:1. Documentation of having had the Varicella disease or 2 doses of the vaccine. A minimum of the first dose must have been administered.2. Documentation of having had 1 dose of Tdap vaccine.3. Documentation of having had 1 dose of Menningitis vaccine.Non-compliance with the above noted state regulations will cause your adolescent to be ineligible to attend school effective the 5th day of the new school year. Please contact The Certified School Nurse for any questions or concerns with
- Dental exam: required for all 7th grade and new entrance students from another state other than Pennsylvania
- Physical exam: required for any new entrance student from another state.
- Sports physical: required for your adolescent to try-out for any sport. Please see Athletic Dept. web page for more information. Must be dated after 6/1/__ of the current school year.
- Medication form: to complete if your child will require medication during the school day. This includes any medication the student may need to use after-school and / or carry on their person. Please speak to Mrs. Radice if your adolescent needs to self-administer a medication (example: asthma inhaler, Epi-Pen, etc.) STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELF-ADMINISTER MEDICATION DURING SCHOOL WITHOUT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE HOLICONG’S HEALTH OFFICE STAFF. THIS INCLUDES: antibiotics, analgesics, over-the counter medications, etc.