FINANCIAL AID RESOURCES
If you missed the event, HERE'S A LINK TO THE RECORDING!
PHEAA Financial Air Overview Webinar
If you missed the event, HERE’S A LINK TO THE RECORDING!
FAFSA Corrections? When students are adding schools or making corrections to a processed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®), please remind them to click on the Sign and Submit tab to sign the FAFSA using their FSA ID and submit the corrections for processing. Otherwise, the changes will not be made.
Inaccurate Income Reported on the 2022-23 FAFSA?
Postsecondary schools who received FAFSA data may be able to adjust your financial aid offer for the 2022-23 school year if you meet certain circumstances. Students should contact the college’s financial aid office directly to seek guidance on how to proceed. The college may ask for supporting documentation to support the circumstances that resulted in an involuntary loss of income, such as:
- A layoff
- Medical, dental, or nursing home expenses not covered by insurance
- Reduction in hours worked
- A parent or guardian’s divorce or separation
- A serious illness or disability in the family which causes a reduction in income or increased medical expenses
- A death in the family
- Income from a rental property, court settlement, or alimony that is no longer available
Affording Higher Education with PA Forward
PHEAA’s PA Forward in-school loan products help students and families afford their education costs by offering competitive interest rates, interest rate benefits, zero fees, and multiple repayment options. The average PA Forward interest rate for this academic year (6/1/20–11/30/20) is 5.65%, and that’s before additional discounts of .50% for graduating* and .25% for making Direct Debit payments, which reduces the average interest rate to 4.90%. Since June 2020, more than 3,200 students have benefitted and $46 million has been disbursed. Please visit PHEAA.org/PAForward to learn more.
Additional Financial Aid Resources
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is FREE and can be accessed after October 1st of a student's SENIOR YEAR in high school. Go to https://fafsa.ed.gov/to begin the process.
- Need aStep-by-Step tutorialof how to complete each FAFSA section? Watch these videos to help ease the confusion!
- Want to learn more about Pennsylvania State Grants and other financial aid? Please visit the PHEAAwebsite and watch this video which provides an overview of the financial aid application process, PA State Grants, scholarships, student loan programs, and completing the FAFSA.
- US Dept of Education Financial Aid Toolkit has countless resources to help you understand the financial aid process, how to complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile, create an FSA ID, learn about state grants, and watch demos about filling out online forms.
- FAFSA4casterhelp you understand your options for paying for college. It will provide some basic information andestimate your eligibility for federal student aid.
- Some schools require the CSS Profilefor additional Financial Aid Information.
- Looking for a One-Stop Shop for all your financial aid questions? Visit BIGFUTUREfor videos, worksheets, and tons of valuable resources!
- Financial Aid Calculators can help families get an idea of the cost of their student debt early on or make plans for repayment using these calculators. Additionally, these tools also help demonstrate key concepts when it comes to loans in general, such as how interest accrues, how loans differ from one another, how refinancing affects loan repayment, etc. Click here to access Free Financial Aid Calculators.