Paperwork Required to Volunteer
All Central Bucks School District Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the staff, students, sports programs and other activities of our schools.Thank you for your interest in volunteering!Please see below for detailed information and answers to frequently asked questions about required clearances and volunteering in CBSD.If you have additional questions about volunteering in our district, please contact Florence at email@example.com or at 267-893-2086.PLEASE NOTE: The following information is intended for volunteers (classroom, school, coach, etc.). If you are being paid for your work with CBSD by paycheck, parent fund or student fund, you are NOT considered a Volunteer. Please click Employee Required Paperwork for details.
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. In the best interest of the safety and security of our students, Central Bucks School District required the submission of these clearances prior to volunteering during the school year. Approved volunteers are given an identification card to be presented at the school (along with your photo ID, such as a driver's license) when volunteering. Please allow 7-10 days after you have submitted your online application for receipt of the ID card.
Under Pennsylvania law, any person having direct contact with school children is considered a mandatory reporter and is required to report reasonable suspicion of child abuse. Therefore, as a CBSD volunteer, you are a mandatory reporter and the district is required to offer SafeSchools training. Please see below for additional information about the SafeSchools program.
Volunteer Required Documents:
Clearances: Links to the state’s websites are below. Please see the helpful hints next to each link.
1. PA State Police Criminal Background Check - Click the control number to view your results. Click the "Certification Form" link in the center of the page to view, save and print your official certificate.2. PA Child Abuse History Certification - Click "Create Individual Account". The Keystone Key is a user name you create. Follow the site's step-by-step instructions for creating a password. Be sure to keep a record of your Keystone Key and Password as you will need them to access your results. You will receive an email from the site when your results are available, within 14 days of submission.
3. FBI Fingerprinting (2 Options):
- If you have been a Pennsylvania resident fewer than 10 consecutive years, you must complete the fingerprinting process. Enroll at IdentoGo and make an appointment for digital fingerprinting at a location of your choice. The Service Code for EMPLOYMENT purposes is 1KG6XN and the code for VOLUNTEERS is 1KG6Y3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Volunteer clearances are NOT acceptable for employment purposes.
- If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past 10 consecutive years, you may submit the Volunteer Affidavit in place of fingerprinting. The affidavit must be notarized and the original affidavit is kept on file in the Human Resources Office. Our HR Department offers notary services for the volunteer affidavit from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, during the school year.
All volunteers must complete and submit a Volunteer Agreement. Please be sure to include the names of the schools/buildings where you will be volunteering. Clearances/Background Checks are valid for five (5) years so please include the names of all schools your child will attend.TB TEST:Volunteers (classroom/school) who spend 10 hours or more a week with students MUST submit results of a recent TB test prior to volunteering.Volunteer Coaches must have up-to-date TB test results prior to beginning coaching, regardless of amount of time spent with students.TB tests are available through your doctor's office, a minute clinic or a local pharmacy. The TB test is a 2-day process; one day to administer the test and one day to read the results.FAQ's
HELP! My question isn’t answered here! Call Florence at 267-893-2086 for information about required clearances and volunteering in CBSD.Click HERE to watch a short video about the online Volunteer application. Please note, our website has been updated since this video was created and screen shots may not match current site pages.SafeSchools Training: Volunteers are Mandatory Reporters and the state of Pennsylvania requires school districts to OFFER SafeSchools training regarding child abuse. Once the required volunteer paperwork has been submitted and approved, you will receive additional information about accessing the online SafeSchools training. You are not required to complete this training, but we are providing informational links here for your convenience.
How do I submit my volunteer paperwork? Volunteer paperwork (with the exception of a notarized Volunteer Affidavit and the official FBI rap sheet) should be submitted online through the Volunteer posting on the Employment Portal. Click the video link below for a brief tutorial. Click the "Apply" button next to Volunteers –Schools/Coaches/Officials to get started. Complete the online application and upload your clearances to the appropriate tab along with the Volunteer Agreement.
- I've uploaded my clearances online. When will I receive my Volunteer ID Card? Please allow 7 to 10 days for your online application to be processed. You should receive your card within 2 weeks.
I’ve lived in Pennsylvania over 10 years and completed the Volunteer Affidavit; can I just upload the form to the Volunteer application? No. Because the Volunteer Affidavit must be notarized, we are required to keep the original document on file in our office. You may drop it off or mail it to the address shown below. If you haven’t yet had the Affidavit notarized, you may stop by the HR office between the hours of 8:15 am and 4:00 pm (except 12:30 pm– 1:30 pm). No appointment is necessary and there is no fee for this service, just be sure to bring photo ID with you. Please note: our district offices are closed on Fridays during the summer (beginning week of 6/24/19 through week of 8/12/19).
If mailing your original, notarized Volunteer Affidavit, please send to:
CBSD Human Resources
20 Welden Drive
Doylestown, PA 18901
Attn: Florence Hughes
What is the Volunteer Agreement? The agreement explains the relationship between the volunteer and the school district. It includes fill-in sections for the names of the schools where you will be volunteering, your contact information, your signature and date.
Why do I need clearances? The state of Pennsylvania requires any person in direct contact with school children to complete background checks. Please click the Volunteer Letter for general information about this new law. Click Frequently Asked Questions to read detailed information provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.