Password Reset Tool
CBSD has a new password reset tool available. The new password reset tool by Microsoft is a convenient tool to easily and securely manage your user account from anywhere on any device. This will allow CBSD staff to safely reset their password from home without the need to be on campus or coordinate with the Technology and Innovation Department.
Unlock, Reset, Change:
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it or unlock your account if needed. If you know your password but wish to change it, choose the "I forgot my Password" option.
The above link will take you to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com. Please ensure this is the URL you are using, this is the only site you will ever use when resetting your password.Staff Password Protocol: (Effective 10/17/2018)
- Must be a minimum of 6 characters – but it can be more
- Must include at least one number
- Must include one upper case letter
- Must include one lower case letter
- CANNOT include the user’s account name or parts of the user’s name that exceed two consecutive character
- Additionally, passwords appearing on the "Bad Password" list will be rejected.
These requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created. Staff and students shall not reveal their passwords to another individual. Staff are not to use a computer that has been logged into under another employee’s name.
Please allow at least 15 minutes for the system to update all servers once a password has been reset or changed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Technology Support Center at