How to Schedule music courses in 10th grade.
Thank you for visiting the CB South Music Department page to learn more information about scehduling music courses at the high school. The document below will give you a quick overview of the scheduling process for incoming 10th graders. On the left you will find links for scheduling specific ensembles, such as Orchestra, Concert Band, and Chorus.
If you have specific questions about scheduling please contact the director of the ensemble you are wishing to schedule.
Scott Hensil, Orchestra - SHENSIL@CBSD.ORG
Brian Cox, Band - BRIANCOX@CBSD.ORG
Joe Stellino, Choir - JSTELLINO@CBSD.ORG
Questions on Scheduling Music Courses.
Items to consider for future scheduling:
- AP Psychology will be offered on an A/B Schedule opposite of a music ensemble in the 2019-2020 school year.
- This course will be an elective for 10th and 11th graders, but could replace the history course of a 12th grader.
- AP Music Theory will be offered as full year course that meants every other day, or a semester course that meets every day.
- Students should plan to take Music Theory before enrolling in AP Music Theory, but can request a placement exam if they wish.
- Please choose the course option that best fits your needs when scheduling.
- AP English Language and Composition will be offered on an A/B Schedule opposite of a music ensemble in the 2017-2018 school year.
- This course is the typical English course for the academically rigorous 11th grade schedule.