CENTRAL BUCKS HIGH SCHOOL WEST
Attendance Policies and Procedures
Central Bucks School District attendance policies conform to the Pennsylvania School Code sections 1326 to 1333 dealing with compulsory school attendance.
“Every child of compulsory school age having a legal residence in this Commonwealth… is required to attend a day school in which the subjects and activities prescribed by the standards of the State Board of Education are taught.”Updated 8/27/21:
1. Submitting an Absence for Your Child
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by School Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents/Guardians are required to notify the school at least three (3) days prior to the absences covered by this regulation so that the student may obtain work to keep current with class progress. Each school has a form - Approved Absence Request.
- For all vacation requests, please utilize that option throught the Parent Portal. Your school attendance office will contact you with any additional information that is required.
2. Absence Notification
Instead of receiving an automated call if your child is absent, the district will be sending a text message to all cell phone numbers you have listed as “guardians” in Infinite Campus. Please make sure that your cell phone information is updated. When your child is absent, you will receive a text message at 11:00am. You will then receive an email at 2:30pm to confirm that your child was absent for the full day.Thank you for helping us to maintain accurate attendance records. For additional information about school attendance please see School Board Policy 204.
To see your student's attendance record, go to the Parent Portal.
Thank you for visiting the CB West Attendance web page. It is our hope that this resource will help home and school work together to support good attendance and success in learning. You may call the Attendance Office if you have any questions (267) 893-2524.