The Central Bucks Schools will provide all students with theacademic and problem-solving skills essential for personal development,responsible citizenship, and life-long learning.




    Dear Parents/Guardians,

    In order for student to be granted accommodations on College Board or ACT tests, these accommodations must be approved by the College Board’s Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) or Testing Accessibility and Accommodations (TAA) respectively. Most students apply for accommodations with the assistance of their school’s SSD Coordinator.

    I am the current SSD coordinator at Central Bucks West, and the purpose of this letter is to familiarize you with the steps involved in the application system. You may initiate the process by going to www.collegeboard.com/ssd/student where you will find a web page with background information on Services for Students with Disabilities as well as a number of related links. If you would like to complete the process with school coordinator support, please follow the steps outlined below:

    1. Read through the outlined directions of applying for accommodations under the Important Links tab
    2. Complete the following forms and return to your child’s case manager or guidance counselor – each of these forms can be found under the Important Links Tab
      1. College Board Parent Consent Form (if interested in applying for SAT, PSAT, or AP accommodations)
      2. ACT Parent Consent form (if interested in applying for ACT accommodations)
      3. CB West Accommodations Checklist

    Once I receive the form, I can then go online and complete the application. If you are unable to access these forms, I can send home a paper copy with your student to be signed.

    Please note that all accommodations are up to the discretion of College Board and/or ACT. All final decisions regarding accommodation approval are made by these organizations. Be sure to read the additional information provided on the College Board’s SSD website, including links that explain eligibility criteria, documentation requirements, and important SSD dates.

    If I can be of any further help, please send me an email at kaharrison@cbsd.org or call 267-893-2500 ext. 1581.


    Thank you,

    Katlyn Harrison

    SSD Coordinator

    Special Education Department

    Central Bucks High School West