Title I Parent Involvement Policy
The Central Bucks School District recognizes that the involvement of parents and their support of student learning are important factors in helping students meet with success. School Board Policy #908 states that: The Board believes that the education of students is a joint responsibility that it shares with parents. To ensure that the best interests of each student are served in the educational process, a strong program of communication between home and school must be maintained.
Central Bucks recognizes the importance of developing and maintaining ongoing communications with parents of students receiving assistance in our Title I program. It is important that parents receive information concerning their opportunities for involvement, their child's eligibility for the Title I program, their child's educational progress, and their rights of parents to receive information and to participate in the education of their children.
To assist parents in becoming active participants, the following programs and procedures are followed:
• An annual meeting is held in each Title 1 school at the beginning of each school year to explain the Title I program, goals, the school’s involvement in the Title I program, specific information about the format of the program, and the rights of parents to be involved.
• Parents of students in the Title I program are given the opportunity to provide feedback about the Title 1 Parent Involvement Policies at the district and school level.
• Parents also have the opportunity to help the Central Bucks School District and the individual school staff in planning, reviewing, and improving the Title I program.
• Parent surveys are used to solicit feedback about programs and policies, and information is provided to parents in many other ways including: presentations and workshops held throughout the school year, school newsletters, Central Bucks report cards from classroom teachers, parent conferences, Central Bucks Calendar/Parent Handbook, and the school district website.
• Of particular importance are the two scheduled parent teacher conferences where teachers will discuss with parents the progress of their child, ways monitor progress, individual student assessments, proficiency levels, grade level standards, the Title 1 program. In addition to these two scheduled conferences, other conferences are scheduled upon request.• Parents are also invited to participate in school events and volunteer in activities at the school.• Parent training and workshop sessions are held in schools that are specific to Title 1 and are planned based on feedback and interests of parents.
Information at the school and district level is provided regarding the rights of parents to information about school staff working directly with their children. A Complaint Resolution Process for NCLB Programs is in place and outlined for parents in the Central Bucks Parent Handbook & Calendar which is distributed annually to all district parents.