What information do I need to pick up my child’s race packet at Central Bucks South on May 15th, 16th, or 17th, from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM?
- Parents or guardians will need their child’s name and grade level to pick up their child’s packet.
Can another parent or guardian pick up my child’s packet from the packet pickup?
- Yes, if you have written permission on the Alternate Pick-Up Consent Form, another parent or guardian may pick up another student’s packet.
Does my child need to know how to swim to participate in the triathlon?
- All child participating in the race need to be able to swim. They can use any kind of stroke and a kickboard (supplied by the swimmer) while swimming, and there will be lifeguards on the pool deck and assistive swimmers in each lane of the pool to provide support if needed.
Does the race supply bikes for kids to use?
- No, each child must have their own bike to participate in the race.
Can kids use scooters, roller blades, or skateboards during the bike portion of the race?
- No, only bikes are permitted during the bike portion of the race.
Are training-wheels permitted on bikes?
- Yes, training-wheels are permitted on bikes.
Do I need to stay at the race the entire time my child is participating?
- All participants must have a parent or guardian present during their race.
Can I get a refund if my child can not participate in the race?
- Unfortunately, a request for a registration refund will NOT be honored within 30 days of the race.
What is a rolling start and how does it work?
- A rolling start is when athletes start a race individually (not in a group) and their race time starts when they begin their event. In a triathlon, an athlete’s start time is based on when they enter the water for the swim, and ends when they cross the finish line at the end of the run.
Does my child have to wear a helmet during the bike portion of the race?
- Yes, helmets must be worn by all athletes during the bike portion of the race.
How long will my child’s race take?
- All events should be completed in approximately 30 – 50 minutes.
How can my child train for the triathlon?
- Being active is the best way to prepare for the race, and athletes can access the monthly training plans on the event website. CLICK HERE
Can athletes wear their bathing suits for the entire race?
- Yes, athletes do not need to change out of their bathing suits before transitioning to the bike or run course.
How deep is the pool at South?
- Athletes will be swimming across the width of the shallow end of the pool that measures 5 - 6 feet deep.