Colds and Flu mimic each other in many ways. The flu tends to be more severe and these symptoms can last for many days.
Flu sufferers develop fever, muscle aches, headaches and extreme fatigue.
Cold sufferers are more likely to have sneezing , cough, sore throat and nasal congestion.
Flu vaccines are available throughout the fall season at your Dr's office and community places such as Walgreens, Target, Walmart. It is not possible to get the flu from the flu vaccine as it is a dead strain
There are a number of symptoms that indicate medical evaluation is advised. These include:
• Fever greater than 101° or increasing over 2-3 days
• Fever that does not resolve with medication such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath (not due to nasal congestion)
• Severe headache or neck stiffness/pain
• Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
• Dizziness or confusion
• Difficulty swallowing fluids
• Flu-like symptoms not improving after 2-3 days
• Flu-like symptoms that were improving, but now are getting worse