- Research shows that students benefit from active learning in Business Education. Therefore, we will provide students with a variety of rigorous and relevant experiences that will allow students to use previous knowledge and shape new learning through small group work, classroom discussion, presentation, etc.
- Technology should be an integral part of the student’s experience, enhancing learning and the ability to express ideas.
Therefore, learning will include the student’s ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate personal and professional situations and apply the technology to solve problems and complete tasks more efficiently.
- Business requires an awareness of the correlation between global policies and practices and its influence on corporate culture.
Therefore, learning will include business and community relations, social responsibility, and ethics on a global level.
- Collaborative learning and teambuilding is essential.
Therefore, students will work with peers to complete assignments where groups maximize individual strengths to reach a final improved outcome.
- Effective communication is a fundamental business skill.
Therefore, various activities (i.e. oral presentations, written assessments, etc.) will be integrated throughout the entire business curriculum.
- Real life connections are vital to enduring understanding of business concepts.
Therefore, students will engage in relevant business simulations and internship opportunities.
- Assessment is an ongoing process that guides instruction and monitors student progress.
Therefore, we will create a variety of differentiated assessments that measure application and growth.
- Business challenges require the ability to analyze data, to solve problems, and make quick decisions.
Therefore, students will participate in a variety of higher level thinking activities and case studies challenging current skill levels