Assessment Information for Central Bucks
Pennsylvania State Assessment System
The Pennsylvania State Assessment System is aligned with the PA Core Standards for reading, writing, and mathematics. The assessment of reading and writing are combined into an English Language Arts PSSA (ELA) which is administered in grades 3 to 8. The Mathematics PSSA is aligned with the PA Core Standards for Mathematics and is also administered in grades 3 to 8.Keystone Exams continue to be administered in three subject areas at the secondary level with a statewide requirement of proficiency on the three exams as a graduation requirement. See the Keystone Exam section below for more information.
PSSA Testing 2022-2023
The PA Department of Education has established the testing dates listed below with schools setting their own testing schedules within those windows. Information about testing will be sent home from your child's school as testing dates approach.
2022-2023 PSSA Testing Windows
April 24 - April 28, 2023
Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
May 1 - 5, 2023
Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
May 1 - 5, 2023
Grades 4 and 8
Make-up PSSA for ELA, Math, and Science
May 1 - 12, 2023
Grades 3-8Keystone Exams
Keystone Exams are end-of-course assessments and are administered as students are completing courses related to the three Keystone Exams--Algebra 1, Literature, Biology. Keystone Exams are administered in Literature and Biology in 10th grade during the semester in which a student is taking a Biology or English 10 course. Algebra 1 Keystone Exams are given near the end of Algebra 1 courses in either middle or high school depending on an individual student's course sequence.
2022-2023 Keystone Exam Testing Windows
Winter Test Dates
Spring Test Dates
Module 1: 12/7/2022 Module 2: 12/8/2022
Module 1: 5/15/2023 Module 2: 5/17/2023
Module 1: 1/5/2023 Module 2: 1/6/2023
Module 1: 5/22/2023 Module 2: 5/23/2023
Module 1: 1/9/2023 Module 2: 1/10/2023
Module 1: 5/18/2023 Module 2: 5/19/2023
Make-up Keystone Exam
Literature: 12/8/2022 - 12/16/2022, Algebra: 1/6/2023 - 1/18/2023, Biology: 1/10/2023 - 1/18/2023
Literature: 5/16/2023 - 12/26/2022, Algebra: 5/23/2023 - 12/26/2022 , Biology: 5/19/2023 - 12/26/2022
IMPORTANT FOR ALL STUDENTS PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY – THE DAILY SCHEDULE IS CHANGED ON TEST DAYS
All Central Bucks High Schools will follow a special bell schedule on December 7, 8, and January 5, 6, 9, and 10 in the first semester and May 15, 17, 18, 19, 22, and 23 in the second semester.
- Students who are scheduled for a Keystone Exam and students who take the PASA exam must report to the building by 7:25am.
- AM MBIT students who are scheduled for a Keystone Exam will report to their respective HS at 7:25am for Keystone Exam testing.
- District transportation will run on a regular full-day schedule.
- Keystone Exams will be administered between 7:25am and 9:20am on the following days.
- All students who are not taking a Keystone Exam may report to school as late as 9:20am to be ready to start Block 1 at 9:25am.
- If a student who is not taking a Keystone Test is unable to obtain their own transportation to school by 9:20am, the student should take their normal school district provided bus and they will be supervised in a designated study hall upon arrival.
- Students who attend PM MBIT will be dismissed from their 2nd block class at 10:35am to eat lunch.
PDE PSSA Information & PDE Keystone Exams Information
CB Assessment Projects--Third, Sixth, Ninth Grades and High School
3rd Grade Assessment
Information about exciting changes to the third grade science assessment! Third graders will be conducting motion experiments and analyzing data. To get a closer look at the assessment, see the YouTube link on the next page.
6th Grade Assessment
The Central Bucks School District’s Sixth Grade Assessment is an authentic school-based experience for sixth grade students to demonstrate their competencies with time management, research skills, expository writing, technological resources, and live audience presentation.
Success Plan - Grades 7-12