Voting Region Committee
Guidelines for submission
The Committee will consider any re-districting plan in which the proposed districts:
- provide for the election of nine (9) members to the Board of School Directors, whether at large, in districts, or in some combination;
- are as near equal in population to one another to the extent possible (within 5% of the mean);
- are compact and contiguous to the extent possible; and
- respect the boundaries of political subdivisions therein whenever possible
The Committee recognizes that strict adherence to one of these principals may require a slight relaxation of adherence to another. For example, a plan which proposes an optimal population equality may not be completely compact or contiguous, or vice versa. Likewise, the Committee recognizes that some political subdivisions will likely need to be split into more than one district, but submissions should avoid splitting a political subdivision unless necessary to achieve compliance with one or more of the other principles stated above.
The Committee will review all submissions it receives. Those submissions which adhere to the above principles will be strongly considered for invitation to be presented at a public meeting of the Committee.
If chosen to present a proposal to the Committee, a presentation should include:
- a discussion of the above topics and their importance to the proposed plan;
- a discussion of the proposed plan’s decision to abandon or preserve current voting district lines and the reasoning for doing so;
- whether the proposed plan groups more than one incumbent in any single district, and the reason for doing so;
- any other reason relied upon by the presenter used to formulate the map being proposed
The committee accepted and reviewed proposals, and presentations were given at the August 16, 2023 committee meeting.
Questions or comments can be emailed here.
School Board Region Maps
School Board members are elected by Region. The following regions were approved by the school board at the July 2012 school board meeting. Click on the Region to view the map.Buckingham Township Upper 1, New Britain Borough, New Britain Township-East, Plumstead Township 2, 4Buckingham Township Upper 3 and Upper 4, Plumstead Township 1, 3, 5Buckingham Township Upper 2, Middle 1 & Middle 2, Lower 1 & Lower 2Warrington Township 1, 3, 4 & 5, Warwick Township 1Chalfont Borough, New Britain Township South 1 & 2, West 1 & 2Doylestown Township 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 & 8Warrington Township 2, 6, 7 & 8Doylestown Borough, Doylestown Township 3 & 6
Warwick Township 2, 3, 4, 5