Beginning about a year ago, we began to discuss the possibility of migrating to later start times in our secondary school schedule. The Board and administration are committed to exploring this matter fully in order to determine if it’s right for our community, our students, and our schools.
While we have gathered a great deal of research on the topic to help inform our recommendations, the next steps will be guided based on important feedback from all of you.
The survey linked below will take approximately ten minutes to complete. Please note the following before you begin:
- The survey period opens April 8 and closes two weeks later, on April 22.
- The first questions ask if you are a citizen of and/or located in the European Union – this is a legal requirement of our survey administrator.
- Please read each question carefully before answering.
- Parents with students at more than one school will be asked the same or a similar set of questions based on their experience at each school.
- The survey is being conducted by our consultant, Hanover Research. The responses will be anonymous.
VISIT WWW.CBSD.ORG/START-TIMESURVEY TO BEGIN THE SURVEY NOW
Your time is valuable – and so we deeply appreciate the time you spend on this effort. The results of the survey will be shared. The information gathered through this survey is critically important to the overall process. You may read more of our research and follow our continued progress in this area at www.cbsd.org/start_times.
Thank you for your support as we consider new ways to serve our students and meet the needs of all learners in the Central Bucks School District.
John J. Kopicki, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools