History of Buckingham Elementary SchoolOur area was once served by a number of one-room schoolhouses. They were:
Church Closed 1930 Holicong Closed 1953 Forest Grove cl 1937 Independent cl 1939 Friendship cl 1953 Mozart cl 1953 Furlong cl 1937 Tyro Hall cl 1953 Hickory Grove cl 1939 Union cl 1937Matthew Hughes settled in the area and bought land in 1705. One of his descendents, Amos Austin Hughes, died in 1842 and left a will which provided for the establishment of a school. The will also set aside over 80 acres of land with buildings.Buckingham Township, by agreement with the Hughsian Board, leased approximately 35 acres of the original grant for a 99 year period. The project of building a new school was approved in July of 1952. Final building plans were accepted in April 1954 and in July of 1954 ground was broken for the building of Buckingham Elementary School.The doors of Buckingham Elementary School opened to students and teachers in September 1955 and the building was dedicated in October of that year. The school's first principal was Paul W. Kutz. Subsequent principals were: Mr. George Kallenbach, Dr. James L. Brown, Mrs. Carolyn K. Ambler, Mr. James Marchesani, Mrs. Margaret Solitario, Mr. Karl Funseth and our current principal, Mr. Dan Estep.