Welcome to the Sixth Grade!Students should be prepared for an exciting, yet challenging, last year at Buckingham Elementary! Below are the highlights of our academic year:
· Reading and English Language Arts
- Increased focus on nonfiction and novels
- Application of reading strategies
- Integrating the writing process, research, and grammar
- Pre-Algebra concepts at all academic levels
- Focus on the Scientific Method
- Learning about the human body, earth's changing surface, and pollution
· Social Studies
- History of Ancient Civilizations
In addition to the above, students will participate in a multi-day project, also known as the Sixth Grade Assessment. This Assessment, which takes place in the second semester, is a cumulative project that encompasses all skills learned in elementary school.
Sixth grade students are Mighty Knight role models for the entire school, especially the Kindergarten students in our hallway.