Tamanend Auditorium Tech Crew Information 2018-2019
Thank you for your interest in tech crew! The information below is also on the “Tech Crew” page of my teacher website (www.cbsd.org/isanchez). Let me know if you have questions – you can visit me in room 201 OR email email@example.com.
Please complete the following tasks to become an official crew member:
- Fill out the survey here: https://www.quia.com/sv/871116.html
- Have a parent fill out this permission slip on the next page. Return the signed form to me.
- Sign up to receive alerts on your phone or computer through an app called “Remind.” You can use these directions to:
- Download the app to a phone and sign up that way (preferred), OR
- Sign up by texting or emailing as described on the directions.
- Attend the first meeting/training of the year – Friday, 9/7, after school from 2:40-4:00pm, in the auditorium. Please let me know if you CANNOT attend, but are still interested in being on the tech crew.
To work tech for an event
Be on the lookout for ‘Remind’ alerts and follow the ‘Sign-Up Genius’ links to sign up to work events. (Note – you don’t need to have a sign-up genius account to sign up for an event, but it is helpful.) Many tech crew jobs are during the school day and many are beyond school hours. You can choose which ones you would like to work. Events are first-come, first-served.
Tech Crew Organization / Hierarchy
Sign-ups may indicate that only certain level members may sign up for certain tasks. Here are the levels:
T – Teacher (Mr. Sanchez)
E – Engineer (Students who have shown a high degree of tech knowledge, responsibility, and leadership, initiative, and can run most tech events by themselves.)
C – Crew (Students who have the knowledge, responsibility, and experience to lead some tech events by themselves)
H – Helper (Beginners, students who are learning the equipment/procedures, students who work just once in a while)
Each new tech member starts out at the Helper Level. You may test up to the Crew Level once 1) you have worked a minimum of 5 tech events, 2) you have shown Mr. Sanchez that you are responsible and trustworthy, and 3) You have demonstrated competency on particular tech skills.
Mr. Sanchez will offer testing from Crew to Engineer level at his discretion for students who show engineer level potential.