Tamanend Auditorium Tech Crew (aka TMS Sound and Lights) Information 2022-2023
Thank you for your interest in tech crew! Read below and let me know if you have questions – you can visit me in room 201 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the following tasks to become an official crew member:
- Fill out the short survey here: https://forms.office.com/r/B91HpSbHqF.
- Have a parent fill out the permission slip in this packet.
- Sign up to receive alerts on your phone or computer through an app called “Remind.” Use the directions in the same packet.
- Download the app to a phone and sign up that way (preferred), OR
- Sign up by texting or emailing as described on the directions.
- Attend our year-opening meeting/training – this Thursday, September 1st, after school from 2:40-4:00pm, in the auditorium. Please let me know if you CAN’T attend, but are still interested in being on the tech crew. You do not need to attend the meeting to join the crew - just complete the three items above!
Tech Crew Organization / Hierarchy
Any student who signs up to receive Remind notifications, fills out the survey linked above, and returns the parent slip from the packet above is considered a member of Tech Crew (aka TMS Lights and Sound). Students can choose how much to get involved. Be on the lookout for ‘Remind’ alerts and follow the ‘Sign-Up Genius’ links to sign up to work events. Note – you don’t need to have a Sign-Up Genius account to sign up for an event, but it is helpful. Many tech crew events are during the school day and many are beyond school hours. You can choose which ones you would like to work. Events are first-come, first-served.
Experienced crew members may have the opportunity become Crew Heads for various tech jobs (ex. lighting, audio, spotlights, video recording).
For some events (such as concerts and other evening events), I prefer (but do not require) that students wear our TMS tech crew shirts. Shirts cost $10. They are black, with grey lettering on the back of the shirt. Order forms can be found in the packet above.