Tamanend Auditorium Tech Crew Information 2019-2020
Thank you for your interest in tech crew!
All of the information on this page, Remind Directions, T-shirt order form, and the parent permission form can be printed out HERE.
If you have any questions, you can visit me in room 201 OR email email@example.com.
Please complete the following tasks to become an tech crew member
- Fill out the survey here: https://www.quia.com/sv/1001579.html.
- Have a parent fill out the permission slip linked above.
- Sign up to receive alerts on your phone or computer through an app called “Remind.” If you are already on Remind, sign up for the class code: @tech19-20. If you are new to remind, use the directions in the link above to:
- Download the app to a phone and sign up that way (preferred), OR
- Sign up by texting or emailing as described on the directions.
- Attend the first meeting/training of the year – Friday, 9/6, after school from 2:40-4:00pm, in the auditorium. Please let me know if you CAN’T attend, but are still interested in being on the tech crew.
Tech Crew Organization / Hierarchy
Any student who signs up to receive Remind notifications, fills out the survey above, and returns the attached parent slip is considered a member of Tech Crew (aka TMS Lights and Sound). Students can choose how much to get involved. Be on the lookout for ‘Remind’ alerts and follow the ‘Sign-Up Genius’ links to sign up to work events. Note – you don’t need to have a Sign-Up Genius account to sign up for an event, but it is helpful. Many tech crew events are during the school day and many are beyond school hours. You can choose which ones you would like to work. Events are first-come, first-served.
Experienced crew members may have the opportunity become Crew Heads for various tech jobs (lighting, audio, spotlights, video recording).
For some events (such as concerts and other evening events), I prefer (but do not require) that students wear our TMS tech crew shirts. Shirts cost $10. They are black, with grey lettering on the back of the shirt. Shirts can be ordered on the form linked above.