Beginning for the 2021-22 school year:
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by school attendance staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the parent portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Information regarding how to use the Parent Portal to report an absence can be found here.
You may still call the school to report absences, and submit excuse notes by email if necessary. Please include Joanne Hamilton firstname.lastname@example.org on all excuse emails.
To see your student's attendance record, please visit the Parent Portal
Thank you for visiting the Bridge Valley Attendance web page. It is our hope that this resource will help home and school work together to support good attendance and success in learning.