Coping with Stress and Anxiety
- Mindfulness Classes for Kids: https://bit.ly/3apwlt1
- Relax and Unwind: https://kidshealth.org/en/kids/center/relax-center.html
3 Ways to Increase Positive Emotions: https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/positive-emotions.html?WT.ac=ctg#catemotions
Reframing thoughts in a positive way will help to guide positive emotions. Sometimes this takes conscious effort, but as the article helps to explain, there are exercises which can help you do this. The power of positivity will help you stay motivated and can even improve one's own wellness and mood.
Use this time at home as "bonus time" to do some things that generate feelings of positivity, such as playing a game, sharing a story with a family member, exercising, or learning a new skill. Collect or organize items that help you feel positivity in your life. Items such as photos, ticket stubs, awards, a special memento or meaningful gift, a song or a book that reminds you of someone or of a happy experience. You can make a scrapbook, a collage, or a treasure chest of these items which you can then talk about with others and save as special reminders of good things.
- Play a board game
- Exercise Free online workouts at Planet Fitness You Tube Channel
- Make an art/craft project
- Go outside and get fresh air
- Take a walk or jog
- Catch up on your schoolwork!
- Read a book https://time.com/100-best-young-adult-books/
- Plan a movie night with your family
- Paint or draw a picture or do some Mindful Coloring pages
- Cook or bake a new recipe
- Organize your closet
- Collect items in your house to donate to a pantry or shelter
Words of Wisdom: Below are some quotes that can apply to various situations in life. What do these quotes mean to you?
"To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." --Unknown Author
"Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle." --Christian Larsen
"Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are." --Bernice Johnson Reagon
"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is Mystery, Today is a Gift" --Eleanor Roosevelt