American RevolutionEssential Questions
1. Why did the colonists begin to develop an “American” identity?
2. Why break away? Why did some people support independence while others favored staying with Great Britain?
3. What major events led to the revolutionary war?
4. How does the Declaration of Independence answer the question of “Why we need a new government?”
6. How did understanding the Declaration lead to revolution?
7. What major events led to US victory and independence?
Students will be able to:
1. Identify events that led to the revolutionary war.
2. Identify why some people supported independence while others favored remaining loyal to Great Britain.
3. Identify specific events that led to the US victory in the Revolutionary War.
4. Explain the role of women, African Americans, and American Indians in the Revolution.