Illness & Going Home from the Nurse
All students who become ill at school must be seen by one of the nurse's in the health office. Please advise your child to refrain from TEXTING or calling you to come and pick them up as they must be assessed in the health office before being excused to home due to illness. Please assure your child that we will call you if they are ill and want to go home. If the student has not been assessed in the health office and the parent arrives to school to pick up a sick student, the parent will be asked to wait in the main office until the student can be assessed by the nurse.
Please contact the health office to notify us if your child is going to be absent from school due to an injury such as a concussion or an injury where medical treatment was needed and the student may need assistance at school, an extended illness such as mononucleosis or the flu, surgery or any other illness/injury where we could be of assistance.
Per CBSD policy, students may not remain in school for the following reasons:
· Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
· Rash with fever
· Vomiting due to illness or diarrhea
· Conjunctivitis or "pink eye" until on antibiotic drops x 24 hours
· Strep throat until on antibiotics x 24 hours
· Communicable diseases as per policy
· Other conditions if deemed appropriate after assessment by the school nurse