Lenape has adopted a School Wide Positive Interventions and Supports (SWPBIS) Program. Lenape’s 4 core values will center around Safety, Respect, Responsibility and Kindness. SWPBIS Program has been around for over 20 years. It is not a new fad but a researched- based program that helps schools and districts design a framework to support students with both academics and social/emotion learning. In the end students will develop and learn social, emotional, and behavioral competence to support their academics. Research has shown that when implemented with fidelity there is a:
- Reduction in disciplinary infractions, antisocial behavior and substance abuse.
- Improvements in academic achievement
- Improvements in perceptions of health and school safety
- Reduction in reported bullying
- Improvements in school climate
- Reductions in teacher turn over.
Student will be acknowledge for demonstrating understanding of these expectations through a system called Lenape Links. Students will receive a ticket and you will be notified by email when your child receives a link. Throughout the year, the tickets will be a part of a larger drawing.