REQUIRED HEALTH SCREENINGS and EXAMINATIONS
Pennsylvania mandates the following health examinations/ screenings as indicated:
- All 7th Grade Students are required to have a Tdap and Meningitis Vaccine prior to the 1st day of school
- All 7th Grade Students are required to have an updated dental exam due to the nurse by October 15th*
- Any child participating in a school sport must have a PIAA physical form completed after June 1st and turned in to the Athletic Director, Ken Hall.
- New students are required to have a recent physical and dental form on file.
- All students will have height, weight, BMI and vision screenings done yearly**
- 7th grade students will also have hearing screening completed.
- Scoliosis screening will be completed for 7th grade students during the semester they have PE.
- Children with IEP's will have a yearly hearing screening.
* Students who have not returned a completed form from their private dentist will be offered and exam by the school dentist.
**A written note from a parent or guardian is needed for a student to be excused from mandated screenings.
The physical and dental examination forms are available under the parent resources section of the CBSD website or ask your child to stop in the health office and pick one up.