Butler Elementary is located on Brittany Drive off Rt. 202 in Chalfont, PA. The school is named after Simon Butler, who was a Justice of the Peace for this area from 1725 - 1764. Simon Butler operated a mill which was located nearby on Route 202 which is also known as Butler Pike. The land on which the school now stands was part of 450 acres that Simon Butler purchased in 1720.