FOOD ALLERGY INFORMATION
Our goal is to keep your child safe, and avoid eating any foods to which he/she is allergic. Please review our guidelines for students with food allergies:
PEANUT SAFE TABLE IN THE CAFETERIA (DOES NOT APPLY TO KINDERGARTEN)A Peanut-Safe Table is available for students who eat lunch in the cafeteria. It is your decision as to whether you want your child to sit at the Peanut-Safe Table. He/she may invite a friend to sit with them at the Peanut-Safe Table providing the friend’s lunch does not contain anything to which your child is allergic. For younger students, inviting a friend is done in advance, with the help of your child’s teacher.If you would like information on food ingredients served in the cafeteria, please call 267.893.5756 to speak with the Aramark dietician. You should do this before your child eats any food served in the cafeteria, as some food items may contain traces of the allergen.Again, our goal is to keep your child safe while he/she is in school. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 267-893-4065.
- Your child will only eat foods brought from home.
- Please provide a safe snack box containing extra snacks that are safe for your child to eat in the event of an unexpected classroom celebration. This will be kept in your child’s classroom.
- During classroom parties, you will provide food that will be safe for your child to eat. Please check with your child’s teacher to see if you could attend the party to supervise your child’s choices of food that are being served.
- You are responsible for ongoing communication with your child’s teacher about celebrations and planned classroom parties.
- You must complete The Food Allergy Action Plan along with your doctor’s signature for Benadryl and Epi Pen. The medication and Action Plan will be kept in the health room.
- You must also complete the Food Allergy Health History Form and return it to the health room.
- During class field trips, the Benadryl and Epi Pen must be sent from home and given to the teacher with instructions for use in the event of an emergency.
- Please make your child’s bus driver aware of his/her food allergy.