• Welcome to the Attendance Policies and Procedures Page

    Central Bucks School District attendance policies conform to the Pennsylvania School Code sections 1326 to 1333 dealing with compulsory school attendance.


    “Every child of compulsory school age having a legal residence in this Commonwealth… is required to attend a day school in which the subjects and activities prescribed by the standards of the State Board of Education are taught.” 


    The Compulsory Attendance Law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania requires that an absence excuse submitted by the parent or guardian be on file for every day of the student’s absence. Governor Wolf has signed new legislation to address attendance issues and provide interventions.


    What is the new state attendance policy? Under the new law, truancy is defined as a student who has had 3 or more days of unexcused absence during the current school year. We are required to run attendance reports to ensure students are meeting this requirement. If students have 3 or more unexcused absences from school, the school will notify parents in writing and offer a School Attendance Improvement Conference where school staff, parents, and students can work together to create a collaborative plan to address and remedy attendance issues.


    How do I notify the school that my child is absent?  The most efficient way to excuse an absence is to email us directly at gmnattend@cbsd.org.  You can also give your child a written note.  The school must have this documentation within 3 days of the absence, or the absence will be coded as unlawful.


    To see your student's attendance record, go to the Parent Portal!

    Click HERE for Request for Approved Absence/Vacation for Family Travel form.
    Click HERE for Excuse for Absence or Tardiness Note.





    Thank you for visiting the Gayman Attendance web page. It is our hope that this resource will help home and school work together to support good attendance and success in learning. You may call the Attendance Office if you have questions: 267-893-4355.