Welcome to the Attendance Policies and Procedures Page
Central Bucks School District attendance policies conform to the Pennsylvania School Code sections 1326 to 1333 dealing with compulsory school attendance.
“Every child of compulsory school age having a legal residence in this Commonwealth… is required to attend a day school in which the subjects and activities prescribed by the standards of the State Board of Education are taught.”
TO REPORT AN ABSENCE, submit on Online Absence Request via the Parent Portal.
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by School Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents/Guardians are required to notify the school at least three (3) days prior to the absences covered by this regulation so that they student may obtain work to keep current with class progress. Gayman Elementary School has a form - Approved Absence Request.
- For all vacation requests, please utilize that option through the Parent Portal. The school attendance office will contact you with any additional information that is required.
Visit the "School Attendance" page on the Central Bucks School District website for further information.
Thank you for visiting the Gayman Attendance web page. It is our hope that this resource will help home and school work together to support good attendance and success in learning. You may call the Attendance Office if you have questions: 267-893-4350.