Goals of the School Health Program
To promote early identification and remediation of student health needs.
To assist students in developing awareness of their own health needs, attitudes and behaviors by:
- Promoting health and wellness education and counseling for students, school personnel and parents.
- Providing health screenings and first aid for students and staff.
- Promoting environmental safety and awareness of hazards.
- Maintaining a liaison with health care providers and community health programs/agencies.
- Protecting the health of students and staff by preventing the outbreak and spread of communicable diseases.
- Promoting school health services as part of the educational process.
- Educating students about their bodies and responsibilities to attain an optimal health status.