Learn TCI: Use this link to find your online student text and to find games that can be used to help you learn about the Revolutionary War.
Identify events that led to the revolutionary war.
- The Road to the Revolution Game
- Challenge Board: Events Leading to Revolutionary War
- Prelude to the Revolution
Discuss taxation in the Declaration of Independence and Revolutionary War.
Identify why some people supported independence while others favored remaining loyal to Great Britain.
Understand the Declaration of Independence and its relation to the Revolution.
Identify specific events that led to the US victory in the Revolutionary War.
Explain the role of women, African Americans, and American Indians in the Revolution.
Chapter 10 Vocabulary Words: act, taxation without representation, protest, proclamation, Parliament, delegate, repeal, import, massacre, boycott, First Continental CongressUse the following link to study from Quizlet: Chapter 10 Quizlet
- Be able to identify the outcomes of the French and Indian War
- Be able to identify the purpose of each act passed by the British government
- Be able to describe the colonists reactions to each act passed
- Be able to sequence the acts in chronological order
- Be able to use the metaphor of a parent and child to compare the relationship between Great Britain (parent) and the colonies (child)
Chapter 11 Vocabulary Words: independence, Patriots, Loyalists, neutral, tyrant, treason, resolutions
Use the following link to study from Quizlet: Chapter 11
- Be able to identify the arguments given to "fight" for independence
- Be able to identify the arguments given to stay loyal to Great Britain
- Be able to create a rallying cry to express the points of view of Patriots and Loyalists
Chapter 11-To Declare Independence or Not: Patriots and Loyalists Hangman
Chapter 12 Vocabulary: Declaration of Independence, Second Continental Congress, minuteman, militia, equality
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the American and British forces in the American Revolution
- Identify some of the roles of women in the American Revolution
- Depict ways in which the American Revolution affected slaves and American Indians
- Chapter 13 Reading Notes
- Chapter 13 Reading Further
- Chapter 13 Vocabulary Cards
- Use the following link to study from Quizlet: Chapter 13