With new limitations on what we can do, it is important to incorporate a variety of things everyone in the family can enjoy.
1. Make having play time, down time and family time a priority. This may take some planning because right now we have to say "no" to certain outings, events or activities. But that does not mean we can't create new and fun family activities.
2. Be sensitive to everyone's social style. Some family members may need longer periods of down time or help thinking about what to do. Encourage everyone to have an opportunity for independence.
3. If someone is having trouble sticking to the designated time, then brainstorm some ideas. This could be a great time to re-discover some forgotten toys or try a new hobby.
4. Parents can join in or take time for themselves, too. When children see parents enjoying themselves with a favorite free time activity, they will be inspired to take on their own tasks.
5. Schedule it! Try to include play time, down time and family time every day. This will help you feel connected in a very positive way. Whichever the time, it's important to have fun.