SCHOOL CALENDAR UPDATE
The winter weather caused us to miss eight school days, so far. We know that each instructional day is important, and we are committed to providing 184 days of school. To-date, the following calendar changes have been made to account for two snow days:
- April 21, a potential snow make-up day, was made a regular school day.
- The end of the school year was moved from June 12th to June 13th.
- The 3rd marking period end date has been moved to April 10th, with April 23rd for report card distribution. April 10th will remain a full day.
A draft calendar was presented to the School Board on February 25th as a discussion item, with proposed additional make-up days highlighted. This draft calendar makes the following adjustments to account for the remaining six snow days:
- April 17 becomes a regular school day (parent/teacher conferences will be scheduled before or after school).
- Monday, June 16 – Thursday, June 19 will be regular school days.
- Friday, June 20: early dismissal; AM Kindergarten will attend; Graduation occurs on the last day of school.
Final decision on the calendar will be made some time in March.