1. Create phone chain to be used in the event of an emergency requiring early school dismissal. Distribute only to contact parents and teacher by the end of September.
2. Provide “shelter- in- place” kit in classroom to be used for emergency purposes. The kit includes a water bottle and a dry, healthy snack for each child. Have at school by the end of September. (Please be mindful of food allergies).
3. Welcome new parents in your classroom to the school. Offer assistance and direction on school issues. Remind them of the Ice Cream Social.
4. Plan classroom parties (Halloween, Holiday, End-of-Year).Coordinate parent helpers and food/drinks, plan entertainment (games/crafts) and purchase necessary supplies/paper products for each party.
5. Solicit parent volunteers when needed in the classroom for assistance with various programs (reading, science, and math).
6. Organize parent volunteers to staff class booth at the school Fall Fest.
7. Take pictures at classroom parties, school events and field trips and provide to Yearbook Committee. Create a classroom photo collage for the Yearbook.
8. Help promote school-sponsored events by distributing emails to your class as requested by the Head Homeroom Coordinator.
9. Periodically check with teacher on any class updates, new students, special programs, class supply needs, etc.
10. Purchase modest holiday, birthday, teacher appreciation, and end-of-year gifts for teacher.