B.S. Pennsylvania State University: Secondary Education- Chemistry
M.C.E. University of Pennsylvania: Chemistry Education· Adviser, Science National Honor Society (SNHS), CB West HS (2019-2022)· Adviser, STEM Research Club, CB South HS (2019-2022)· Consultant, STEM Teacher Education and School Strengthening Activity (STESSA) in Egypt (2019-2020)
· Chemistry Instructor/Research Adviser, AP Chemistry Partnership Program, Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center (2018-present)
· RET Participant, Goldman Lab, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania (Summer 2018)
· Master Teacher, Center for Engineering MechanoBiology, CEMB (2017-2019)
· Board of Directors, Bucks County Science Research Competition, BCSRC (2015-present)
· Consultant, 21st Century Partnership for STEM Education (2015-2020)· Consultant, Education Consortium for the Advancement of STEM in Egypt (2015)
· REThink Fellow, College of Computing and Informatics, Drexel University (2014-2015)
· Co-Director, Bucks County Science Research Competition, BCSRC (2013-present)
· National Board for Professional Teaching Standards- Certified (2012-2022)
· Coordinator, CB West Science Department (2009-2022)
· Adviser, STEM Research Club, Formerly Science Research Club, CB West HS (2009-2022)
· Adviser, Anime and Manga Club (2009-2010)
· Adviser, Computer Game Programming Club (2008-2010)
· Keystone Technology Integrator
· Professional Development Workshop Presenter
· Central Bucks School District Apple Award Recipient
· Nominee, Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST)
· Scholarly Papers / Presentations:
Hayden, M. (2014, August). Analogies for biochemically inspired malware detection and classification. Poster presentation for REThink, Drexel University, Philadelphia.
Hayden, M. (2010, August 2). Teaching high school chemistry with process oriented guided inquiry learning (POGIL) and evaluating the influence on student attitudes toward learning science. Paper Presentation presented at 21st Biennial Conference on Chemical Education (BCCE), University of North Texas, Denton.
Hayden, M. (2012, July 29). Teaching chemistry with Quia.com. Workshop presented at 22nd Biennial Conference on Chemical Education (BCCE), The Pennsylvania State University, University Park.
You need at least version 7 of Flash player. Download latest version here!