Welcome to Mrs. Story's Class…
where every child shines brightlyDear First Grade Friend,
Hello, “storystar”, and welcome to first grade! The school year is fast approaching and you will soon be one of my 1st grade friends at Buckingham Elementary School. I can hardly wait to meet you!
I hope you’re enjoying your summer. This summer my family is enjoying beach trips to South Carolina and to Ocean City, NJ. I love to read, swim, decorate, and ride bikes with my family. I can’t wait to learn more about each of you!
I’ve been working throughout the summer to set up our 1st grade classroom. I know you’re going to like it. We have a little library, learning stations, and a comfy carpet area for our class meetings. This will be a fabulous first grade school year for you. Together, we will make new friends, read lots of books, write stories, and solve math problems.
Well, I just wanted you to know that I’m thinking of you over the summer and I can hardly wait to see you walk through the door on the first day of school, Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
On the first day of school, I’d like for you to bring the following:
1. Your 1st grade school supplies (labeled)
2. A friendly smile! I’ll have mine!
See you real soon,
First Grade Supply ListBuckingham Elementary School
First Grade Supply List
The first day of school is Tuesday, September 4th. There are a few things that you will need to bring to school with you. Please remember to label everything with your name.
- a school bag or backpack labeled with your name
- a pocket folder (there will be a lot of papers to go home)
- either money for lunch or you may bring your own lunch
- a healthy snack for snack time (every day)
- a zippered pencil case that will fit in your desk
- 25 sharpened pencils
- 4 glue sticks
- 2 small boxes of crayons
- 2 boxes of colored pencils
- 1 pack of multicolored “PaperMate Flair” medium tip marker pens
- 1 black and white composition book
- an old sock or dry eraser
- 5 Expo markers
- 1 box of tissues to share with the class
- 2-3 containers of disinfectant wipes to share with the class
- a pair of headphones for the computer lab (placed in a large Ziploc baggie labeled with your child’s name)