The Central Bucks Social Studies curriculum addresses five strands of learning included are geography, history, civics, economics, and sociology. Our focus in 5th grade curriculum includes a study of the following:
- American Indians: Their Land and Their Culture
- Exploration and Settlement
- The Road to Independence and the Revolution
- Constitution and Bill of Rights
- Westward Expansion
- Current Events that connect to America's Past
Students will learn by reading and creating maps, interpreting geographic and historic data as well as studying economic and cultural information about our country.