Level I: Learn the Basics
This class will concentrate on:
- The media with an emphasis on television, and its impact on society
- How television works
- TV Studio terminology and procedures
- Production of live-to-tape television productions
- Learn basic video editing techniques
10% Formative Projects. Points will be awarded as follows:
- Camera work Presentation
- Photo Journal
- News Journal Assignment
- Daily Assignments
90% Summative Filming projects: These projects will be longer and more involved.
- Intro Video: Students will create an introductory video that introduces themselves to the class.
- Continuity Test: Students will film a quick action keeping continuity in mind.
- Video Collage.
- Studio Production: Students will have the opportunity to write, direct, and work as a crew member for a Live-to-Record Studio production. This is the biggest project of the marking period.
Academic Integrity: It is the expectation that every student does his/her own work. All work must accurately acknowledge and cite sources directly quoted and/or paraphrased. Failure to comply will result in consequences outlined in the Central Bucks South Academic Integrity Policy