Important Beginning Dates to Remember:
First Day of School: Monday, August 29th, 2022
Back to School Night: Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 @ 6:30 PM
- Dismissal Changes: Please send in a not with your child.
- Last Minute Changes: Please call the office at (267)893-4600
- Please DO NOT EMAIL DISMISSAL CHANGES. I may not always be able to check my email during the school day, and a substitute won't have access to my email if I am out for the day.
- Absences: Please post absence to Parent Portal or send in an excuse note upon your child's return to school.
- Please let your child stay home to rest if they are sick, I will get them caught up when they feel better and return to school.
- Take Home Folder: Please review & empty daily
- Wednesday Folder: Every Wednesday your child's folder will be sent home with graded work and any important papers. Please review it and return the folder the next day.
- Tests, Quizzes and graded Writing Pieces will need to be returned. All other classwork can be kept at home.
- Please send in one healthy snack each day (even on early dismissal days)
- Please send your child in with a filled water bottle daily (no juice please). Water fountains have been removed from the building. However, we do have filtered water bottle filling stations in the building.
- Your child has the option of packing lunch or buying lunch.
- If your child is buying lunch:
- Please send lunch money in a sealed, labeled envelope so it will not be lost.
- Another option is to set up a lunch account through the CB website - This way your child won’t need to carry any money. I highly recommend this option! (https://www.cbsd.org/Page/2199)
- All third grade students will receive a district laptop, charger and case for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Laptops and chargers should come to school DAILY and travel in their case to prevent any damage.
- Students are expected to charge their laptop each night at home.
- We will spend time in class learning everything your child will need to know about using their laptop for classroom instruction.
- Student birthdays will be recognized and celebrated at school. However, food treats are not allowed to be brought in for birthdays.
- If your child wishes to share a treat with the class, they are encouraged to bring in pencils, bookmarks, erasers etc. for ALL students in the class.
- Party invitations may be passed out at the end of the school day only if there is one for every student.
- Student supplies for the year are posted on our class website.
- If you are unable to get them or getting them creates a financial hardship, please let me know, and I will be happy to help so all children have supplies.
- I will be discussing volunteers needed this school year on Back To School Night.
- Please keep in mind that in order to volunteer in the classroom throughout the year, you will need to have the required paper work/background checks. For more information visit https://www.cbsd.org/volunteers.
- Toys and electronic devices become a distraction and can easily be broken or misplaced at school. Students should not bring toys or electronics to school.
- Fidget Toys: Some children focus better with the use of a small fidget toy, but some students become easily distracted by them. If your child brings a fidget to school but it becomes a distraction, you will be notified and it will be sent home.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com!