This is a detailed video about how to fully tune your instrument. Remember - when using the pegs, make extremely small adjustments and push the peg in slightly while you turn it. If you have any questions please let me know!
Here are some articles and videos that are full of useful practicing tips! Some of them say one specific instrument, but the information is the same for all of them! Feel free to look through these for some inspiration!
Music Resource Guide for Students is a phenomenal website that has everything you could ever need to become a fantastic musician! This includes:
- Apps and games to help you practice
- Music theory websites and games
- Websites to help you learn specific instruments
- Information on music associations and organizations
- Music scholarship and grant information
- Current events and conferences in the music industry, and even...
- Charity organizations that provide secondhand instruments to those in need!!
Some other helpful websites include:
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra - Practice Tips https://www.mydso.com/dso-kids/activities/practice-tips
- National Association for Music Educators - Practice Rule of 10s https://nafme.org/maximize-your-practice-time-using-the-rule-of-10s/
- Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras - Practice Tips for Young Musicians https://cyso.org/news/practice-tips-for-young-musicians/
- Esther Hwang - 10 Practice Tips and Tricks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-J8g1azM
Happy practicing!!Here are some fun games to help with reading music, practicing rhythms, and ear training! I will be updating this regularly so check back often! Have fun!!
The Music Interactive is a website with free app downloads for note reading and rhythm practice. My favorite games on this site include:
- Staff Wars
- Staff Wars 2 (listens to you play your instrument to start the game!)
- Rhythm Blocks
- Rhythmic Dictation
- Strings (which includes diagrams of your instruments and full interactive fingering charts!)
All other websites and apps include:
- The Musical Playground for Kids has everything from note reading and rhythms to scales and chord progressions!
- https://www.musictheory.net/exercises/note You can choose your clef and how many notes you want to practice!
- https://www.notationtraining.com/ This one also has customizable clef!
- 8notes - https://www.8notes.com/school/theory/note_trainer.asp You can try multiple clefs at once on this game!
- Rhythm Cat - this is an app that is on all school devices and can be downloaded here: https://melodycats.com/rhythm-cat/
- http://musicteachersgames.com/ This website has a combination of all games - ear training, rhythms, and reading music!
- Ear Cat - this is an app in the same family as Rhythm Cat and can be downloaded here: https://melodycats.com/ear-cat/
- Theta Music - This website has so many listening games! https://trainer.thetamusic.com/en/content/music-training-games
- https://seatup.com/blog/music-notes-a-guide-to-music-for-kids/ This website has an introduction to music theory and history from cultures all around the world! There are some awesome games too!