I wanted to share with you a list of string instrument-specific resources, opportunities, upgrading instruments, etc. Not only does our district have an active music program, but for those who want to play more, there are many opportunities locally and in Philadelphia. I wanted to invite you to consider one or more of the following for the summer/next school year.
List of teachers available upon request.
Instrument Upgrades- recommended shops
Many have asked about upgrading their child's instrument. Once you are out of a rental program, this is a great idea.
As your student advances, so too should their instrument so that they're sounding their best.
The two shops I recommend specialize in orchestra string instruments.
These shops are also great for instruments, but you miss out on the try it before you buy it process.
For new gear (strings, sheetmusic, rosin, shoulder rests, etc) I recommend:
And one final opportunity for rising 9th through 12th graders- the CB West Marching Band.
Read below for information from Director Mr. Delson:
- Our Spring Training sessions will be held on May 16, 17, and 18 from 6:00-8:00pm. These meetings are a chance for new members to get a small taste of what it’s like to be a part of the CBWMB before completing their registration. We'll spend some time playing together, doing some basic marching and maneuvering outside, and get to know the staff and returning student members.
- No experience is necessary to join the CBWMB! If you or a friend is interested in being a part of this amazing organization, just reach out and we will find the best section for you to have a successful season.
- Spring Training is also for all students interested in participating in the CBWMB Color Guard!
- The tentative calendar for the 2022 Season is attached to this email, but we recommend checking our Google Calendar regularly for the most up-to-date calendar.
- Unless you have a major conflict with the fall Marching Band schedule (like a fall sport with a totally incompatible practice schedule), I highly encourage you to least give it a try and come to the Training Sessions on May 16, 17, and 18.