After completing this module, I will be able to....
- understand what Teams is used for and what new features have been added in 2020,
- be able to use Teams to participate in an online class,
- be able to adjust my view in an online class,
- be able to adjust my Teams settings.
What is Microsoft Teams?
- Teams is the required platform for all live streaming in CB.
- Students are automatically enrolled in a Team for every class.
- Teams allows you to work together as a class or in small groups.
New Features in 2020
- Raise your hand
- New Navigation Bar
- Together Mode and Large Gallery View
Participating in an Online Class
Adjust your view in a Meeting
Teams tries to anticipate what you’ll want to see in a meeting. As a student, you have the ability to customize your view.
Switch between people and content When someone's sharing a presentation, you can switch between viewing the content and the people in the room by clicking on the video or PowerPoint presentation you're interested in. (click in the bottom right-hand corner)
- Pin a video Right-click a video within the meeting and select Pin. The video will be shown regardless of who's currently speaking. You can pin multiple videos or right-click any pinned video and select Unpin at any time.
Everyone has the ability to adjust their settings in Teams. We recommend turning off your chat notifications.
After completing this module, you should be able to...
- understand what teams is used for and what new features have been added in 2020,
- use Teams to participate in an online class,
- adjust your view in an online class, and
- adjust your settings.
Return to the home page.