Dear Central Bucks elementary families,
With the transition to in-person learning via the 5-day traditional and hybrid in person delivery models set to begin next week, please make note of the following informational items:
General Updates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, September 29 will be a 100% online asynchronous learning day for ALL students. Teachers will post assignments and classwork in Canvas for students to complete. The exception will be online-only students, who will be asynchronous through the lunch period. Any student currently attending in-person instruction will follow their regular schedule.
- A meal consisting of an entrée meeting grain and protein requirements, fresh fruit, fresh vegetable, and a milk will be offered daily at no cost at this time. Other items will be available for purchase. Grab-and-go breakfast will also be available to all students at no cost during this time.
- On days when Hybrid Group 1 and 2 students are online, meals will be available for pickup at each of our three high schools on Mondays and Thursdays, from 10:30 a.m. until 12 p.m. The student does not need to be present at pickup.
- Bus schedules are accessible within the parent portal. Click "More" on the left navigation bar within Infinite Campus, and then select, "Transportation." Students will load buses from the rear to the front, and siblings are asked to sit together.
- Students are asked to use the blue drawstring bags that were provided to all elementary students. The transport of supplies from home to school will be minimal. Students will not bring all workbooks home each day. Rather, they will likely only bring a water bottle, a lunch, and a book or two. Devices will be transported in bags provided to students expressly for this purpose. (Those who did not receive a bag will receive one in the coming weeks.) If a student must bring a backpack, families are asked to ensure that it is no larger than the drawstring bag, as it will have to hang on the back of the student's chair for the duration of the school day.
- Elementary specials (art, library, music, physical education, and Quest) will operate using a rotating schedule. This is to limit exposure among staff and students. For the remainder of the first trimester, students will participate in each special for nine days in a row. The exception will be online only students who will follow a five-day special rotation.
Program Model Academic Schedule Updates
Following are the schedules for the first days of in-person instruction.
5-day Traditional In-Person (Kindergarten-Grade 6)
- Beginning on Wednesday, September 30, 5-day traditional program students will attend school in person.
Hybrid Group 1 (Kindergarten-Grade 6)
- On Wednesday, September 30, all students in Hybrid Group 1 will follow their home school (A/B/C) schedule, and will receive a combination of synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Hybrid Group 1 students will report to school for their first day of in-person learning on Monday, October 5. Students will become acclimated to the routines and protocols outlined in the CBSD Health and Safety Plan.
Hybrid Group 2 (Kindergarten-Grade 6)
- On Wednesday, September 30, all students in Hybrid Group 2 will follow their home school (A/B/C) schedule, and will receive a combination of synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Hybrid Group 2 students will report to school for their first day of in-person learning on Thursday, October 1. Students will become acclimated to the routines and protocols outlined in the CBSD Health and Safety Plan.
Online Only (Kindergarten-Grade 6)
- On Wednesday, September 30, all online-only students will follow the virtual schedule.
Kindergarten Student Schedule Reminder
All kindergarten (regardless of mode) will follow their “home school” (A/B/C) schedule.
- A Schools (Bridge Valley, Cold Spring, Doyle, Gayman, Jamison, Mill Creek, Pine Run, and Titus)
- AM Kindergarten: 8:35 a.m.– 10:55 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 11:55 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- B Schools (Buckingham and Kutz)
- AM Kindergarten: 8:50 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 12:10 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- C Schools (Barclay, Butler, Groveland, Linden and Warwick)
- AM Kindergarten: 9:05 a.m. – 11:25 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 12:25 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
John J. Kopicki, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Nadine M. Garvin, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent for Elementary Education