Dear Butler Elementary School families,
The district has secured the necessary staff to return to the three program models that families enrolled their students in this past July. However, work restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic have resulted in significant delays to the HVAC project that is currently underway at Butler Elementary School. For the safety, comfort, and well-being of our Butler students, we must postpone their return to in-person instruction.
STUDENTS WILL RETURN TO SCHOOL AS FOLLOWS:
- Students enrolled in the 5-day in person traditional model will begin attending in-person classes on Monday, October 26 at the latest. We are hopeful that we will be able to do so sooner, and we will notify families at least one week in advance.
- The CBSD Community School before and after care program will resume programming on Monday, October 26. Registration information is forthcoming.
- PLEASE NOTE IF YOUR CHILD IS ASSIGNED TO HYBRID 1 or HYBRID 2. (Find your child’s hybrid group assignment on the PDF version of the schedule under “Documents” on the left-navigation bar in the parent portal). This informs which days they will attend in-person classes.
- HYBRID 1 attends school in-person on Mondays and Tuesdays, and online on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- HYBRID 2 attends school in-person on Thursdays and Fridays, and online on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
- Students enrolled in the hybrid model, “Hybrid 1” would begin attending in-person classes on Monday, October 26.
- Students enrolled in the hybrid model, “Hybrid 2” would begin attending in-person classes on Thursday, October 29.
- We are asking that families remain in their selected program model until the end of the secondary school first marking period on Tuesday, November 10, 2020.
DAILY SCHEDULE – IN PERSON & HYBRID
In order to accommodate student transportation, students enrolled in the 5-day traditional and hybrid program models (including those who participate in the PASA exam) will attend school according to the following schedule.
- Grades 1-6: 9:05 a.m. — 2:45 p.m.
- AM Kindergarten: 9:05 a.m. – 11:25 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 12:25 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
DAILY SCHEDULE – ONLINE-ONLY
The daily schedule for ALL CBSD elementary schools (A/B/C schools) will be as follows. This schedule is in effect only for those students enrolled in the online-only program model. (This schedule is similar to the “Virtual Learning Schedules” distributed to families on Friday, September 11.)
Elementary School A/B/C
- Grades 1-6: 9 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- AM Kindergarten: 9 a.m. – 11:23 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 12:23 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
When students attend in-person, the mitigation procedures outlined within the district’s health and safety plan will be in effect. More details and information will be distributed to families in order to help you prepare your students to return to in-person instruction.
We thank you for your patience, cooperation, and continued support as we navigate this challenging 2020-2021 school year.
John J. Kopicki, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools