HELLO AND WELCOME TO MY DISTANCE LEARNING PAGE!
I WILL BE AVAILABLE TO COMMUNICATE USING MY CBSD E-MAIL (MSTOUT@CBSD.ORG) BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 7:30AM AND 2:30PM AND WILL BE USING CANVAS TO COLLECT ALL STUDENT WORK AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK. ALL DAILY ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE LISTED BELOW AND POSTED IN CANVAS UNDER THE DISTANCE LEARNING MODULE. THEY WILL ALWAYS BE TITLED "DISTANCE LEARNING WEEK OF (CURRENT WEEK)". START WITH THE AGENDA AND CLICK "NEXT" UNTIL YOU HAVE REACHED THE WEEK'S EXTENSION ACTIVITY.
Daily Expectations for Students
· Attend our classroom check-in by completing your Canvas lesson for the week
· Check Canvas for our daily/weekly assignments.
· Complete and submit assignments by the due date.
· Abide by CB Online Meeting Guidelines, found here.
Period 2 live office hours (real-time feedback) are Mondays from 12pm-1pm.
You may email me at any time, but my response may not be immediate outside of these hours.
Our classroom will be using Canvas as the primary mode of assigning and collecting work.
Distance Learning Week of 6/1-6/5
I can practice self-awareness by participating in a mindfulness lesson.
I can practice self-reflection by completing a follow-up mindfulness reflection activity.
I can exercise my presentation skills by completing and submitting my final speaking presentation.
1. Submit your speaking presentation speech from last week's extension activity. Only ONE per pair needs to be submitted.
2. Complete the Pear Deck Mindfulness PowerPoint and reflection.
3. Finalize and submit your speaking presentation by FRIDAY, JUNE 5TH.
Due Today (6/1)
1. Mindfulness lesson (written Canvas submission OR recorded Flipgrid video).
2. Speaking Presentation due Friday, June 5th
Distance Learning Week of 5/25-5/29
I can practice self-awareness by participating in a mindfulness warm-up.
I can practice read and respond strategies by finding supporting evidence for an identity trait.
I can exercise my writing skills by completing a rough draft of my speech for my speaking presentation.
1. Submit your project outline from last week's extension activity. Only ONE per pair needs to be submitted.
2. Warm-up: choose a mindfulness activity option provided on this week's Pear Deck PowerPoint.
3. View and interact with a Peardeck PowerPoint to practice finding supporting evidence for an informational article.
4. Extension activity: complete a rough draft for your speaking presentation. Due before class next week.
1. Project outline
2. Pear Deck PowerPoint
Distance Learning Week of 5/18-5/22
Unit: Life Choices
I can discuss my reading by completing an independent reading warm-up.
I can practice discussing dialogue, point of view, and context clues by completing an interactive Pear Deck PowerPoint activity.
I can apply research skills by working on a project outline that asks me to develop a research question, thesis statement, and provide credible sources.
1. Submit your research and reflection extension activity from last week. Remember, even if you are working with a partner you need to submit your own worksheet.
2. Warm-up: read independently for 15 minutes and answer the questions on the Pear Deck PowerPoint about what you read today.
2. View and interact with a Peardeck PowerPoint to practice analyzing dialogue, point of view, and context clues.
3. Extension activity: complete the project outline. If you are working with a partner, you only need to submit one outline. This activity is due before your class next week.
DUE TODAY (5/18):
1. Research and reflection worksheet
2. Pear Deck PowerPoint activities
Distance Learning Week of 5/11-5/15
I can exercise my read & respond skills by completing an independent reading warm-up.
I can practice discussing the importance of dialogue and life journeys by completing an activity via Pear Deck.
I can apply my brainstorm and research skills by starting a speaking project.
1: Read independently and complete the response questions via Pear Deck.
2: Read about and practice using dialogue by completing the Pear Deck exercises.
3: Complete the "Pass It On" life journeys activity via Pear Deck.
4: Extension Activity due before the start of your next class. Complete and submit the project research and reflection worksheet. Work on your own or with a partner. Read ALL directions.
DUE TODAY (5/11):
1. Last week's extension activity: mini research project
2. ALL activities on the Pear Deck PowerPoint
Distance Learning Week of 5/4-5/7
Unit: Young Innovators
I can exercise my creativity by participating in a young innovators warm-up discussion board.
I can practice using context clues to determine a main idea by participating in an interactive PowerPoint lesson.
I can apply my research skills by completing a short research extension activity.
1. Warm-up: Complete the young innovators discussion board.
2. View and interact with a Peardeck PowerPoint to learn how to use context clues to find and support a main idea.
3. Extension activity: Research an invention and complete the short speaking assignment using WeVideo.
Due Today (5/4)
Extension Activity: Finding your own companion piece
Young Innovators Warm-up
Peardeck PowerPoint responses
Distance Learning Week of 4/27-5/1
Today we are working in Canvas modules. Please find this week's module (Distance Learning Week of 4/27-5/1) and your class period (Period 2) to access and submit the following. Assignments and activities due on your designated class day (Monday, 4/27)
1. Submit last week's extension activity: Article & Poem Compare & Contrast ("The Role Reverser" and "David's Old Soul")
2. Complete and submit the warm-up "Parent-Child Relationships".
3. Listen to the Podcast "StoryCorps 531: Legacies of Love" and complete the reading check quiz.
4. Extension activity (due before class on 5/4): "Companion Pieces". Choose one of the four stories from the podcast and find your own companion poem. Write a 2 paragraph reflection on the poem you chose. See the Canvas assignment for extra assistance, as well and guidelines and requirements. To find your poem, please use the following site: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/