Homework Policy:The purpose of homework is to practice the skills you have learned in class and to work towards mastering the skill. Homework assignments are also to help with time management and STUDENT responsibility.
- Assessments will be announced in class at least 1 week prior to the assessment date.
- If you need additional help, you must ask prior to the day of the test for help so that a time can be arranged to received extra help
- Homework is to be copied into the Student Agenda/Homework Book each day
- Homework is to be completed each night and be ready for a teacher check the next school day
- If there is a question with a particular homework problem, the student must circle the problem and ask for help the next day from the teacher. The student may also e-mail the teacher (email@example.com) to ask for clarification/help on a particular problem.
- Homework is considered incomplete if the student;
- left it at home
- left it at school and could no do it
- forgot to do it
- left it in their homeroom/locker/ on the kitchen table
- did not do the complete assignment
- blames parent for not putting it in your school bag
- Three (3) Incompletes in a Marking Period will be factored into the Success Standrads grade on the Report Card and into the overall Math grade
- Please note, as a Fifth Grader you are responsible for working on your time management. This means working to find time in your day to sit down and do your school work. Excuses for not doing your homework, such as sports games/practice and extra activities will not be accepted.
If you have forgotten your Homework book or homework workbook you can:
- Check Canvas!
- Call a friend to ask what assignment needs to be completed
- Check canvas to see if the homework section has been posted
- Have a friend read you the math problems and you can handwrite and then solve the problems on a separate sheet of paper
- If possible, have the friend scan you a copy of the homework (that has their answers covered) and then complete
- E-mail Mrs. Ziska to see if she has a copy of the homework at her home (do not always count on this being a solution)
- Take ownership of your mistake and tell Mrs. Ziska first thing in the morning. Mistakes happen and it is human nature to forget assignments every once in a while. The mature thing to do is take responsibility and solve your error by looking for a solution.